Being Famous Does Not Make You Invincible

49

You can now add Matt Lauer of NBC to the long list of celebrities, actors, directors, and producers that have seen their careers destroyed, job status changed to unemployed, and life as they knew it coming to a quick end.

It just goes to show that being famous doesn't make you invincible.

As we've all seen over the last couple of years, the media have taken the liberty of filling our heads, minds, and lives with the disgusting, immoral, and unethical treatment of individuals at the hands of famous directors, famous actors, producers, and even network television personalities.

The media is currently destroying Matt Lauer, when he used to be a part of the media. Whatever reputation he had in the past is no longer there. Whatever people thought of him last week is certainly not what they are thinking of him today, nor will they think of him next week. He is obviously another personality that felt he had the right to abuse women, mistreat other individuals, and behave in a manner that was not appropriate.

Whether it was him thinking that being famous allows him to do or say whatever he wanted, or if he had the idea that he would get away with it because he was who he was obviously was not the truth. It was not the case, and it goes to show that being famous doesn't make you invincible.

Anyone remember Bill Cosby? I sure do.

Bill Cosby was one of the biggest names in acting when I was a kid. He was on television shows, he ran charity events, and he was an actor of huge proportion. And now he's been accused of sexually assaulting women, drugging their drinks, acting inappropriately, and behaving in unethical, illegal, and immoral manners. He's had comedy shows canceled. His television show was removed.

Reruns of "The Cosby Show" were taken off television for a short period of time. He can't even walk out in public without being ambushed by the media, insulted by journalists, and having his angry-faced picture posted in every publication in the world.

Anyone remember a guy named Harvey Weinstein? If you don't, you should look him up. He was not only one of the biggest directors in film history, but he owned his own company, he produced dozens of movies, has been nominated for dozens of awards, and worked with thousands of actors and actresses.

Harvey Weinstein is currently unemployed, a target of civil litigation and criminal investigation, and has been accused by hundreds of actresses of sexually inappropriate behavior. His name is on the long list of former famous people that will no longer work in the film industry, will no longer be accepted in society, and will not be remembered for who they were, but will be remembered for what they did to the scores of people that didn't deserve to be treated that way.

If you've watched the news lately, read a newspaper, or browsed the news media on the Internet in the last couple of weeks, chances are you've seen a friendly member of Congress posted in the open for showing his junk to others, sending nude text messages to another individual, and being caught for inappropriate conduct.

The sickest part? He's a grandfather, he is almost 70 years old, and his private parts were posted on the Internet. Guess what? He's going to lose his job. It goes to show that being famous doesn't make you invincible.

Larry Nassar. Does that name ring a bell? It might not if you are not into gymnastics, watch the Olympics, or follow Michigan State University. However, if you've picked up a newspaper or watched the news on TV any time in the last year, you will recognize his name. He is a former gymnastics doctor that has been accused of sexually assaulting and molesting over 140 young gymnasts (all female) of all ages, shapes, sizes, and backgrounds.

All for what? Thinking that because he has an important, high-profile position, he could get away with this type of immoral, unethical, and illegal behavior? Larry Nassar is no longer working. He is unemployed. He is currently a guest of the prison system. He recently pled guilty to seven charges of sexual abuse, possession of pornography, and a variety of other criminal charges.

He is the target of a federal class-action lawsuit for civil litigation that has been filed by 145 young females that have claimed that he sexually assaulted and abused them. Some of these girls are even Olympic medal holders, therefore proving that no one was safe with Larry Nassar around. The chance of Larry Nassar ever walking free into society is slim to none, but the chance of him dying in prison is high.

And all for what? Because he was famous? Because he thought he could get away with it? Because he thought that he was untouchable? It just goes to show that being famous doesn't make you invincible.

Another topic of discussion is the current orange-haired individual that is being called the President of the United States. You will not hear me express the statement, "He's not my President," because like it or not, he is. He is the ruler of this country.

However, even he has openly admitted that he has groped women without their permission, has sexually abused and molested women because "he can", and has mistreated other individuals in ways that nobody deserves. And this pig of a man is the most powerful individual in the United States of America.

Donald Trump has openly admitted to violating the law, acting in a criminal manner, sexually abusing, molesting, and inappropriately touching multiple people. He has openly admitted to grabbing women's anatomy, and doing things that a normal private individual would go to jail for. And why? Because he's famous? Because he's the president? Because he thinks he can?

This behavior needs to stop. It needs to come to an end. It doesn't matter if it is the pig in the White House, a producer of a low-rated movie, a successful TV personality, or an actor who makes $20 million a year, this behavior cannot be tolerated.

The media is quickly filling up with the names of actors, directors, producers, and famous people who are being called out on the carpet for abusing women, being inappropriate, sexually abusing other individuals, and doing things no one should be doing. And as it occurs, they are being published in the papers, hung in the media, and are being criticized and degraded in the media. It just goes to show one simple thing that being famous does not make you invincible.

Dedicated to the pigs of this country, the disgusting immoral people that are behaving in unethical, illegal, disgusting, and sickening ways towards other individuals, you are not invincible. I don't care if you're a guy or girl, rich or famous, or what your name is that if you behave in this manner, if you treat others like this, and if you abuse people, karma is going to come back on you and you are going to get what you deserve.

Sexual abuse is a serious topic. Inappropriate conduct is wrong. You can ask Matt Lauer, Bill Cosby, and Mark Schwahn about that because they all know what they've done. They can try and deny it as much as they want, but they know, and their victims know too.

The media is full of stories about sexual accusations and allegations. The newspapers are filling up with stories about inappropriate behavior. The Internet is being bombarded with stories about women being abused, mistreated, and immoral behavior being exhibited towards so many people.

The question is this... How long has it been going on? How long has it been hidden? How many people have been on the receiving end of this treatment? How long did it take to finally have the disturbing behavior of these sick, deranged, and immoral individuals brought into the public eye?

Being famous does not make you invincible because these cruel individuals are going to be featured in the media longer than they'd like.