Behind The Scenes: Summer 2019

Behind The Scenes: Summer 2019

Here's a recap of my summer and how the first couple of weeks of school have been going.

11
Behind The Scenes: Summer 2019
Saige Masonhall

I started the summer off by having surgery the very first week. I basically spent the whole first month of summer recovering and laying in bed watching endless movies and tv shows on Netflix and Amazon Prime. All of my friends came to visit me and watch tv all day. Recovering from surgery wasn't bad besides not being able to swim for four weeks.

After those four weeks, I was released to do anything and start my summer. A couple days after that I flew to Colorado to meet up with a friend who lives in Denver. This was the first time I flew by myself and the first time I have been to Colorado and got to experience the mountains. My friend took me to Boulder for the day and it was beautiful and such a fun town to explore. The very next day we started our 14 hour drive to the Detroit Lakes. Although the drive was long it was super fun to drive through a bunch of states and have long conversations sharing our new favorite songs. We were at the lake for a week and even though it rained a couple of those days we still had fun playing card games and hanging out in the hot tub.

When I got back from Colorado I didn't do much besides hang out with friends and work. After we carefully thought about how fun it would be to make a podcast, a couple of my friends and I decided to try and make a podcast... That didn't go as planned but it was super fun and definetly worth it even though we didn't even post it.

I had a super fun summer and got to see a lot of my friends, but I was so happy to move back to Manhattan and be with all my college friends. I finally moved into a place on my own with three friends and so far it has been a blast!