beach day checklist

10 Things You Need To Pack In Your Beach bag If You're Planning For Fun In The Sun

Trust me, you need this.

109
Sand and bag

Being from Florida, I grew up living only two hours away from the beach in Destin, Florida. Needless to say, we visited the beach a lot. Swimming in the ocean, playing in the sand, and soaking up the sun was the norm for me. As a result of so many trips, I have perfected my list of must-brings for any beach trip. Too many people make the mistake of bringing a lot to the beach, yet still forgetting important things they will need. Hopefully, this list will help you avoid being one of these people and, instead, equip you to be the most prepared person there.

1. Sunscreen!!

By far, the most important thing you need to bring to the beach is sunscreen. Even if you put it on before you leave, bring the bottle with you so you can reapply. I promise, you can still get tan without getting burnt and you can avoid getting skin cancer at the same time!

2. Towel

Whether you plan or swimming or not, bring a towel. You can use it to dry off after swimming, wipe off the sweat from the summer heat, or lay on top of the sand. Even if you don't think you'll need it, I bet someone else will forget theirs and need yours anyway.

3. Chair

If you're like me and don't like simply laying on a towel on the sand, bring a chair. You can still lay out and get tan, but you're less likely to get covered in sand by the wind or someone walking next to you.

4. Float

If you plan on getting in the ocean, bring a float. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have forgotten or decided not to bring one and wished I had one. It's just so much easier to navigate the waves if you have something to hold onto.

5. Hat or Sunglasses

Again, we don't want you getting skin cancer. Put on sunscreen and additionally protect your face with a hat and/or sunglasses. Not only will your face thank you, but your sensitive eyes will thank you too.

6. Headphones or Speaker

The beach can be nice without music, but I always prefer something playing in the background. Play your favorite tunes alone with headphones or with others with speakers and have a blast.

7. Book

Laying in the sun and staring at the ocean for hours may work for some people, but I need to be entertained. As a result, I always make sure to bring a book to the beach. I get to soak up the sun, catch up on reading, and be entertained.

8. Drinks

Laying in the sun and sweating all day is bound to make you dehydrated. Bring some refreshments and keep them cold in a cooler to stay hydrated without having to leave the beach.

9. Snacks

With spending a whole day at the beach and burning calories by swimming, you're going to get hungry. For these times, always bring some snacks or meals with you. You don't want to leave the beach just to get food.

10. Extra Shirt

In case of wanting to prevent future burns or burns you already have, bring an extra shirt. This is great to have for those moments that you want to stay on the beach longer but want to get out of the sun. It's also nice if you need a coverup to go somewhere.

Beach needs may vary, but these are the 10 items that I always make sure to bring with me to the beach. Hopefully, you'll find this list helpful.