Be Yourself, Stop Being The People Who Are 'Other People'
Social Life

They aren’t themselves today.

52
“Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." — Oscar Wilde, "De Profundis"

Have you ever met people that aren't who they are? This statement may seem confusing, but let me explain.

Have you ever been friends with or know someone who lives their life based on the opinions of others? Did they live their lives by conforming to the “norms" or expectations other people set? Was their life a walking storyline or movie script? Did they do everything off of what everyone told them to be like?

I think it's important to be yourself and express your individuality. You shouldn't be a walking cover of someone's opinions of you. You shouldn't always conform to society. There's nothing wrong with being yourself and expressing yourself. You're not defined by how others see you or view you. You determine your own worth.

"Don't you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can't be exactly who you are." ― Lady Gaga

I always feel saddened when I see people try to fit into this certain picture of who they think they have to be in order to be accepted, and often times, that picture they are attempting to mimic is not who they are. It does not represent them or their values. They are, many times, masking who they really are and the person they would be happy being.

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself." ― Harvey Fierstein

"The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position." ― Leo Buscaglia