These Are The Best Years To Be Single
popular

Just Know, These Are The Best Years Of Your Life To Be Single

To all you single ladies, this one's for you.

1733
Personal Photo

"Oh to be young and in love!" The famous line. But does is that really the best for yourself? Being in your twenties is one hell of a ride. You move from home, create new friend groups, determine your career path, and hit rock bottom and pick yourself back up a hundred times. Honestly, these are the hardest years of your life. So why tie yourself down?

Don't get me wrong, having that special someone to experience life with is a feeling like no other. So gold star for all you reading this that have a boo, nothing against you but... Being single is the move this year.

When being single during this period of your life, you're allowed to really find yourself. You have no one to worry about but yourself. This is so important to experience in your twenties because you're having life changing things happen to you that may have an effect on who you are as a person. Figuring out your sh*t by yourself is something you will carry with your for the rest of your life.

You become so much closer to your friends. Your friends become the best thing that's ever happened to you. They are your support system. They become some of the most important people in your life. They pick you up when you are down, make you feel like a million bucks even when you obviously look like a garbage can, and most importantly they are ALWAYS down for wine and food. What more do you need?

You are able to do what you want; when you want. Having someone tell you "no" to something you really want to do freaking hurts. When you're single, you are able to drop what you're doing and do anything from getting Taco Bell or taking that trip you've been wanting to take for months! Even if it's the small things, having the freedom to take that action into your own hands makes all the difference.

BE SELFISH. This is one of the most important aspects of being single in your twenties. You are allowed to put yourself first, care about yourself first, and take care of yourself first. You don't have another person to devote your time too. You get to be yourself.

When thinking about your happiness, look at the people around you. Think about who betters your life, and who is bringing you down. Being single makes you appreciate what you have, what you want, and who you want to be. These are the best years of your life to experience life. Take them as they come and make the most of it.