Looking On The Bright Side Leads To A Happier You
Education

Have You Ever Had So Much Excitement For A Stage In Your Life It Hurts?

Cause I can hardly wait for my next chapter, even if it is terrifying.

274

Sometimes I wonder if I am the only person who is more excited to live in the future than the present day, although I am also totally terrified about it. Everyone talks about living in the moment and focusing on what you have happening at the moment. But how can you focus at the moment when in nine months your dreams are coming true?

I have always been the type of person who is constantly on the go, I love to be busy. I strive off moving constantly and working hard to be the best me I can be. I also never want to be sitting around doing nothing. SO I focus super heavily on getting into graduate school and what to future holds for me.

Then, I GOT INTO GRADUATE SCHOOL!

Great! I accomplished my goal. I cannot focus on life in graduate school until I am there. And getting there includes moving across the country, away from all of my friends and family, TO A CITY (I have only ever lived in the middle of nowhere). These are all incredibly terrifying things to consider.

Except I am not worried at all.

I am all excitement!

Am I the only person who gets this way?

I think about graduate school, I smile. I think about moving across the country, I smile. It makes me feel like my life is going in the right direction. I am becoming the person I want to be. Yes, it is a change, but it is a change for the better.

Instead of worrying about how many things can go wrong I am just thinking about the experiencing I will have. I look at the bright side of the negatives. Which I've learned is honestly such an important skill to have.

Yes, it is hard.

Yes, sometimes, it completely sucks.

But if you focus solely on the really crappy stuff going on in your life, then it engulfs your entire life. You become entrapped in all the negative atmosphere that you cannot focus on the present day obligations. For example, you have a huge test coming up, and you get into a fight with your best friend.

Then you go to take that test without resolving everything, and all you can think about subconsciously is the fight with your friend. You might not perform as well on your test just because of your fight. However, as crazy as it seems, there is a bright side to it.

Something clearly had to have caused the fight, whether it was something bothering you or something bothering your friend, it will no longer be an issue because it can be talked about and resolved. Think about how you won't be upset by the cause of the fight and how this test is super important.

Think about, if they're really your friend they will love you no matter what, AND support you even if the test goes to shit.

There is always a bright side.

Focusing on the scary side of life is only going to bring you down.

Trust me, I am the least optimistic person I know.

But keeping your head up, and looking at the bright side of the things just make life all around so much better. It keeps you from being overly stressed. It keeps you happy and excited about your future.

Looking on the bright side leaves more room so that you can be happy about where your life is taking you.

I started to be more positive and I have never been so excited to continue my life as a Chiropractic Student.