What Are Bang Energy Drinks

BANG energy drinks from VPX Sports are the hottest new products for athletes everywhere. On every can, you'll find their catchphrase "Potent Brain & Body Fuel" and it gives you just that. Clean energy, laser-sharp focus, and no sugar induced crashes are just a few of the reasons these bad boys are flying off the shelves faster than retailers can keep them stocked. Haven't heard of them? Sound too good to be true? Let me answer your questions.

What is it?

It's an energy drink that's kind of like your typical Red Bull or Monster. It's a perfect substitution for pre-workout supplements or coffee.

Who's it meant for?

Anyone! A better question to ask is, "Who isn't this drink meant for?" On the can, you'll find a recommendation for no one under the age of 18 to consume the drink. You also may want to steer clear of it if you're sensitive to stimulants like caffeine.

What's in it?

BANG energy drinks contain zero calories, zero carbohydrates, and zero sugar. But what you can find are BCAAs, CoQ10, creatine, and copious amounts of caffeine. These are things athletes often take as supplements.

What are BCAAs?

BCAAs are Branched Chain Amino Acids. They are known to stimulate protein synthesis, increase muscle function, decrease your soreness after a workout, and even aid in repairing damaged muscles.

What's CoQ10?

Coenzyme Q10 is found in the mitochondria of your cells and sparks energy production. It helps produce energy your body needs for cell growth and maintenance. People often take this as a dietary supplement when they feel tired or lethargic.

What's super creatine?

Creatine does a great job in enhancing athletic performance by aiding growth of lean body mass (AKA muscle). When you take creatine orally, the amount in your muscles increase and helps regenerate ATP more efficiently. According to the nutrition label, this so-called "super" creatine is bonded to Leucine to make Creatyl-L-Leucine. On SupplementReviews.com, a VPX Sports representative allegedly said the following about the Super Creatine in the drink:

"The creatine in there is actually something very special...it is the world's only water stable creatine. It is Creatine-Leucine peptide. Think of this...if you mix creatine in water, it sinks and if you mix leucine in water, it floats....if you combine the two into a peptide, it creates a water soluble and water-stable form of creatine. It also has a fatty acid chain that makes it easier to cross the blood brain barrier. The focus of the super creatine is not for muscle function, but for cognition...by combining this form of creatine with caffeine, it works synergistically for mental focus."

What kind of BANG flavors can I get?

There are currently over a dozen BANG energy drink flavors on the market. Those include Black Cherry Vanilla, Cotton Candy, Purple Haze, Sour Heads, Star Blast, Blue Razz, Champagne Cola, Root Beer, Power Punch, Peach Mango, Rainbow Unicorn, Citrus Twist, Pina Colada, Purple Guava Pear and Lemon Drop. If you prefer to make your drink from scratch, many of these flavors are also available in powder form under the label BANG Master Blaster.

How much caffeine is in one can of BANG?

In one can of BANG, you'll be blessed with 300mg of caffeine. This is the equivalent to over three cups of coffee.

Is that even safe?

Yeah, it is. In order for the caffeine in the energy drink to be lethal at any capacity, I would have to drink 30.7 cans.

So, what are the downsides?

There are two things that come to mind. One is that consumers have no idea how much BCAA's, CoQ10, or creatine is actually in the drink. It could very likely be trace amounts too small to do anything beneficial. Two, BANG energy drinks do not go through the FDA approval process.

Is it really that good?

Well, out of 124 reviews of the product on Bodybuilding.com, there's an average 9.8 overall rating. Most reviews comment on the quality of the energy, the cognitive focus, and the non-existent crash once the drink wears off.

Where can I buy BANG energy drinks?

You can find BANG energy drinks at Amazon, your local GNC or Vitamin Shoppe retailers, Bodybuilding.com, VPX Sports' website, some gas stations, and privately owned retailers.

How expensive are they?

This depends on where you make your purchase. You can typically purchase your BANG energy drinks for about $2.00 per can on Amazon and at your local retailers. The energy drinks are most expensive through the VPX website, where you'll pay about $2.75 per can.

How does BANG compare to other energy drinks?

I'll give you some data on nutrition facts and you can make your decisions based on that:

16 oz. BANG (regular): 300mg caffeine, 0g carbohydrates, 0g sugar.

16 oz. Monster Energy (regular): 160mg caffeine, 54g carbohydrates, 54g sugar

16 oz. Red Bull (regular): 160mg caffeine, 56g carbohydrates, 56g sugar

16 oz. Rockstar (regular): 144g caffeine, 54g carbohydrates, 54g sugar

Note: Odyssey may earn a portion of purchases made via links on this page.