Famous Bands From Ohio That Most Don’t Know Are From Ohio

5 Bands From Ohio You Didn't Know Were From Ohio

Did you know these bands were from Ohio?!

1205

Cleveland may be known for their sports teams and good food, but don't let that fool you. The city is also home to one of the best music scene's of any city (and that may or may not be a really unbiased statement.) The 'Land has some pretty amazing talent coming in and out of the city, and while Cleveland is filled with some amazing pieces of rock history (it does have the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame after all) that doesn't mean the rest of Ohio isn't filled with some amazing artists as well.

As more and more music are getting added to playlists and more bands are getting their name out there, it may surprise you to find out which artists are really from the Buckeye state. From Marilyn Manson to Twenty One Pilots, here are five bands you may not have known were from Ohio...

1. Marilyn Manson

I guess the introduction was a bit of spoiler, but that's right, one of rock's most controversial faces is from Ohio. Brian Warner, the guy behind the facade of Marilyn Manson, is actually from Canton. He's arguably most known for his shocking lyrics and his incredible stage performances, but before all that, he was just a kid roaming the streets of Canton.

2. Nine Inch Nails

Nine Inch Nails and their fearless frontman Trent Reznor can be considered one of the most iconic faces in rock history, and for good reason.

He and his band were at the forefront of bringing the industrial rock scene to the masses with their unique sound. What's more? The guys brought their sound right off the streets of Cleveland and made a name for themselves and others into the industrial rock scene. Plus, they're still around making jams and being excluded from the Rock 'N' Roll Hall Of Fame...(no really, check it out, it's horrible.)

3. Twenty One Pilots 

Unlike most bands on this list, Twenty One Pilots are somewhat known for where they're from (aka Columbus!) The band's hometown shows always hold a special place in the clique's heart, and for the duo of Tyler Joesph and Josh Dun, you can tell coming home means a lot.

4. The Dead Boys

This might be the most unknown band on the list, but that doesn't mean Dead Boys weren't impactful in the punk scene. Interestingly enough, the band made their name in the streets of New York City, where they helped bring punks into the States with their rough and tough tracks. While they got their start (officially) in the Big Apple, they were originally from Cleveland, so we'll still take some credit.

5. The National

The National has been making indie kids and hipster's swoon with their infectious melodies since the early 2000s, and they haven't showed signs of stopping anytime soon. The group is from Cincinnati, and whether they're doing small gigs or headlining massive festivals, they still got their hometown pride down pact.

Did you know these bands were from Ohio? Sound off in the comments below!