The Stages Of Dating A Girl From The Balkans, According To Dua Lipa And Rita Ora Lyrics

Guaranteed, I can blow your mind.

164
Flickr Creative Commons

If you've listened to any of Dua Lipa or Rita Ora's songs before, then you already know these women have incredible voices and even more savage lyrics. What you may not know is that both of these singers' roots are connected to the Balkans.

Both have similar backgrounds, growing up in England after their families fled Kosovo in the 90's. Learning this made me have a greater appreciation for their music, especially since my family is also from the Balkans. When it comes to dating, I'm convinced that women from the Balkans are a different breed, one that you will be lucky to land, as long as you don't mind having a strong woman by your side.

When you’re starting to fall for her.

“So keep on kissing my mouth and put that record on again.”

“Oh, baby come on let me get to know you.”

“Your secrets are the only thing I’m craving now.”

“I don’t wanna hear sad songs anymore, I only want to hear your song.”

When you finally become official.

“Wasn’t looking for love ‘til I found you.”

“Let me show you what you never see.”

“Have a little fun, it’s the only way we know.”

“You give me a reason, something to believe in.”

When she tells you everything that she's been through.

"There were a lot of times I stumbled and crashed."

"I'm grateful for all my scars, 'cause they only made my heart grateful."

"There is nothing I would change, not even one mistake I made."

When you’re in the honeymoon phase of the relationship.

“You make me proud, I wanna tell the world about you now.”

“I know we’ve got to get away, someplace where no one knows our name.”

“I’ll be yours for a thousand lives.”

“You know how to love only when you’re holding me.”

When you try to control her, well, just be prepared.

“Guaranteed, I can blow your mind.”

“Come back to me, baby, we can work this out.”

"I could have beer for breakfast, my sanity for lunch."

"And we don't give up 'till we run out of desire."

If you break up with her, you better be prepared for the consequences.

“That’s funny, I guess you’ve heard my songs.”

Or in my case, you read my articles.

“Well, I’m too busy for your business.”

We have planes to catch and teams to manage. Ever heard of a Balkan Boss Babe?

“Cause if you think I care about you now, well, boy, I don’t give a fuck.”

We really don’t.

“If you don’t like the way I talk, then why am I on your mind?”

You just can't stop thinking about me, can you?