Jaclyn Cosmetics Needs To Be Shut Down, And Here’s Why

Jaclyn has put consumer’s health at risk by releasing contaminated product.

35

Anybody who knows anything about Jaclyn Hill knows that she has been the center of a lot of drama, all starting with her first collaboration with the makeup brand BECCA. Ever since then, Jaclyn has been the center of several scandals with her launches and now her name is once again everywhere with the launch of her makeup brand, Jaclyn Cosmetics. However, it's not good publicity. Her launch of 20 nude lipsticks has caused an uproar as many people have received obviously contaminated lipsticks.

The problems started almost instantly when the lipsticks launched. Between a crashing site and shipping delays, problems were already arising with the cosmetic's brand launch. However, as people started getting their lipsticks and using them, more serious problems were noticed.

One of the first people that spoke out about the lipsticks on Twitter complained of the lipstick becoming lumpy after use. Jaclyn, instead of addressing the complaint properly, attacked the girl and told her that the reason her lipstick was lumpy was due to the user's dry and chapped lips instead of a fault with the formula.

However, more and more people started complaining about things found in and lm their lipsticks, the more theories started popping up. People have found white fuzz on their lipsticks, holes on the tip and on the side of the product, along with moisture spots, metal, plastic, black hairs, and balls of something within the lipstick.

Two Youtubers, RawBeautyKristi and PrettyPastelPlease, have shown the lipsticks up close and personal and what they showed what disgusting. These products should not be used by consumers because there is an obvious contamination issue, no matter how much Jaclyn insists they're completely safe to use. A popular theory, along with a contamination issue, is that the lipsticks are expired. Jaclyn Hill herself said that her lipsticks have been in production since 2017 yet her release wasn't until 2019.

Jaclyn has released a statement saying that the white fuzz people were experiencing on their lipstick was from white cotton gloves used during production and a white towel used to clean the vats where the lipstick was used, along with the vats not heating the lipstick enough causing the beads inside the lipstick. However, she completely ignored the other problems people were experiencing with their products.

Even these claims have been debunked by many people who work in the makeup production industry, most notably the CEO of Makeup Geek, Marlena Stell. Though they used to be close, Marlena has come forward saying she has distanced herself from Jaclyn due to all of the lies she has been spreading about her makeup line. Many people, including Marlena, have been saying that the products Jaclyn have sold are unsafe for use and yet none of the lipsticks have been recalled.

Jaclyn has stated that she stands by the safety and quality of her products, despite the obvious contamination issued. YouTuber PrettyPastelPlease has sent one of her purchased lipsticks off for testing to figure out whether there is mold in the lipsticks, and people have come forward saying they have reported Jaclyn's products to the FDA.

Whether there is mold or not, whether the products are expired or not, it is clear that there is a contamination issue within the lab and Jaclyn has proved herself unable to run a company and admit her, very obvious, mistakes.