Sorry, Your Bad Day Isn't That Bad

Sorry, Your Bad Day Isn't That Bad

It's not worth your frustration.

80
Sorry, Your Bad Day Isn't That Bad
Pexels.com

Lets get one thing straight: You're allowed to have bad days.

You really are. You're allowed to struggle, you're allowed to be sad, you're allowed to cry it out. You're allowed to hurt, to be frustrated, to give up, to listen to sad songs, to be angry. I have had my fair share of bad days, bad luck, and unfair events that have happened to me. I feel you, I get it. Cry it out.

But lets get something else straight: Is it worth your frustration?

Now hear me out. Is it a huge event that is going to alter your life next week, next month, or seven years down the road? Are you really that distraught that you can't handle yourself and be grateful for what you have? Do you want to waste your entire day in a bad mood because of something that happened that was out of your control? Or because somebody treated you a way that you didn't like? Your time is precious, don't spend it on anything cheap, and don't waste a day on moping about something that won't matter next week.

Every day I see people complain on social media about something that happened to them, and honestly, I fall into this category too. However, why can't we be grateful instead? Look around and see everything we have. Look how lucky we are. Look at how blessed we are.

There's some things that are worth our time, worth our grief, and worth our pain, and that's what I'm trying to tell you. We worry about so many things that aren't worth our time, and we spend half our life drowning in the negativity that is only temporary.

Your car broke down, and you have to wait 20 minutes for somebody to come get you. There's people who can't afford a car, or don't have anyone who would come and get them.

Your phone broke and you can't get it fixed for a few more days. That's a first world problem, the mineral that is used to create smart phones is only found in countries like Congo and Rwanda. The people that mine this mineral are killed, eliminated, and treated like slaves so you can have that smart phone.

You didn't get the raise. At least you live in a country where minimum wage exists, so you're not getting paid twelve cents an hour.

You didn't have time to eat lunch today. At least you get three meals a day. There's some people who haven't had a warm meal in weeks.

So, your favorite shirt shrunk in the wash. It's not like you don't have a closet full of others, or access to a mall where you can buy new clothes. Some people don't have clothes that even fit them.

Your employer didn't treat you fairly, I get it. But, In some parts of the world, you can be physically punished by your "boss." At least you have rights.

You have a fever and have to miss that concert tonight. At least a fever will go away, some find themselves being told that they have to spend the rest of their days sick.

The waitress brought you the wrong drink. At least you have something to drink.

There's people starving, people who are trapped in their cities and being bombed, children dying of genocide, woman who are not allowed to leave their homes because its their "time of the month," a man who has lost everyone he loves, a couple who found out their child will die and they can do nothing, a family who found out they can't adopt a child and they can't have their own... and you're laying in bed distraught over a boy.

Is it even worth it?

You don't even realize how blessed you are because you're so used to being able to have it all. You are blessed. So have your bad day, you're allowed to. But first, decide if its really something that is worth hurting over.

You will quickly learn that it's not as bad as it seems.