Bachelorette Of The Week: Giulia DeLuca

Bachelorette Of The Week: Giulia DeLuca

Godfather impersonation? Spaghetti loving? 5'3"? Giulia might be the one for you!

1129
Bachelorette Of The Week: Giulia DeLuca
Giulia DeLuca-Original Photo

We are bringing the column back, by popular demand. Bachelorette and Bachelor of the Week is here to help get those eligible singles on campus out to the public, and hopefully get them the man or woman of their dreams. Meet our Bachelorette of the Week, Giulia DeLuca!

Giulia DeLuca is a sophomore majoring in political science and plans to potentially minor in psychology. Outside of class and schoolwork, she typically goes out with friends on the weekends, watches "The Bachelor," reads and writes and volunteers at Murray Middle School. She previously worked at the University of Minnesota Monarch Lab as an Undergraduate Research Assistant. Giulia swims with the Minnesota Swim Club on campus and partakes in events with Women for Political Change. Sometimes she just sits and contemplates good controversies.

How would your roomies describe you?

-“A tiny ball (compared to 6’ roommate) filled with a lot of love, happiness, and one-liners.”

-“The perfect mix of sassy, sweet, and satirical. Speaking as someone who’s known her for 15 years, I’d say she’s only annoying about 99% of the time. 10/10 puttana.”

-”She’s a strong and independent young lady, who wouldn’t mind a man in her life. Probably gets most of her strength eating spaghetti for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.”

Why are you the perfect catch for someone?

"First of all, I like fishing. In this realm, however, I like to believe I’m the catch. I’m 5’3”, so most guys are going to be taller than me and won’t have any insecurities about their height. I’m witty, a good listener, and appreciate sentimentality. I have three brothers, so I like dumb boy humor. HMU with your Will Ferrell movie quotes."

What’s your ideal partner?

"I don’t really have certain physical traits I am looking for in an ideal partner, but I like guys who are active/athletic and who have nice smiles. I don’t like guys who are clingy or flakey (by that I mean people who say one thing but mean another and can’t say it to my face) because strong women do not need flakey men. I’m a little shy, but I do really well around people who are more outgoing than I am. I like people who I feel comfortable with and who can understand sarcasm (and can dish it back).The biggest thing I am looking for is companionship and I want someone who I can be my best self around. *Disclaimer: Getting along with my roommates is a major key!*"

You have such a unique name, how do you pronounce it?

"It’s pronounced Julia. I’ve gotten so many mispronunciations like Goolia, Julio, Hoolia, Julian, Jumanji, and Gweelia, but it’s really not that hard. I’m just Italian."

I heard you can do a Godfather impersonation? How did that come about?

"'The Godfather' impersonation first came about when I was really sick for a few weeks last year and had lost my voice. I thought I might as well have some fun with it, so I started to mimic Don Vito Corleone. It’s not as good as it was when I was sick, but I still say from time to time that “I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse”."

Weird Tinder adventures? Explain.

"Oh jeez. The only time I almost met someone was when he invited me to a party. I got there with my friends and someone answered the door. I said that I was invited by so-and-so, and the guy at the door laughed, “You can come in, but he’s on the couch”. I walked over to the couch and he was PTFO. There was also this other girl there tending to him and being kind of territorial, so I decided to stay out of that. I never actually spoke with him."

What celebrity would play you in a movie and what genre would the movie be in?

"Alexis Bledel (Rory from "Gilmore Girls") in a political satire or comedy."

Cats or dogs?

"Dogs."

Your favorite music genre?

"Anything I can snap back to. Can Beyoncé be a genre?"

What is your ideal date?

"Doing something fun and/or a little bit competitive outside like ice skating, hiking, kayaking, or paintball fights ("10 Things I Hate About You"anyone?) and eating food afterward. Please buy me ice cream. Or pasta."

Describe your love life in five words.

"Tinder and parties to nonexistent."

Most attractive quality about a guy is...

"understanding my need for snickers and being able to hold a conversation (meaning ask questions). FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, don’t start a conversation with “hey” or “sup” via text! Be a little more creative."

Biggest pet peeve?

"When people chew food or gum with their mouth open. It’s disgusting and sounds nasty. Don’t do it."

Interested in learning even more about Giulia? Check out her Insta or send her a snap! Make your move before she's off the market!

Instagram: gooliadeluca

Snapchat: gdoggy6 (I made it freshman year of high school, don’t hate.)

Myspace: Jk, I don’t have that.

Farmers Only: I wish.