News Flash: 'Baby It's Cold Outside' Is NOT Offensive

It seems that EVERYBODY gets offended by the littlest thing these days.

74

It seems that EVERYBODY gets offended by the littlest thing these days. The latest is the Christmas song, "Baby It's Cold Outside.

It came to light after the Me Too movement. Woman are coming out and sharing their experiences with sexual assault. The latest in the news is the imprisonment of Bill Cosby.

The song was written by Frank Loesser in the 1940s. Frank originally wrote the song for him and his wife to perform at parties. It gained popularity after the film, Neptune's Daughter was released. The song was later recorded by Dean Martin, Ella Fitzgerald, Idina Menzel, and so many other artists.

The song features a male and female vocalist who were together at the male's house. The female tries to leave, but the male, who is enjoying his time with her, insists on her staying. One of the lyrics reads, "what's in this drink." Instantly, people became outraged. Why? Because they believe this song is talking about date rape. Yep. They think the male slipped a roofie in her drink.

It would pay if people took more time to research the actual meaning instead of jumping to conclusions. Allow me to explain. The lyric, "what's in this drink" was used as a joke in the 1940s. It did not mean drugging a drink back then.

Here's a comparison for you. If "Baby It's Cold Outside" is SO offensive, shouldn't "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus? Or what about "Santa Baby?" Let's branch out to more genres. Shouldn't you find "Barbie Girl" by Aqua offensive? By all means, you can touch her and play with her if you say shes's always yours. What about the songs that talk about killing people? What about the ones calling people offensive names? There are more things to be offended by other than a Christmas song.

Radio stations have been removing the song because of the backlash from so many people. I'm glad my radio stations haven't removed them.