If You Love Scary Movies, You NEED To Watch 'The Autopsy Of Jane Doe' Before Halloween

If you're a person who can't do scary movies or would much rather prefer a comedy, don't worry - this movie is the perfect introduction to the world of horror.

WARNING: if you are squeamish in any way or fear the sight of surgery, this film might not be for you as the whole movie is centered around Jane Doe's autopsy.

www.youtube.com

Essentially, a mysterious body is found at the scene of a gruesome, multiple-person homicide. Located in the basement of the house where the murders took place, the dead body is identified as a young woman who appears to have died just recently. But there are no signs of decay even though her death is dated to be HUNDREDS of YEARS ago.

The body is taken by the sheriff to Austin Tilden and his father Tommy, who are the local autopsy doctors in town. While trying to pinpoint the mysteries of "Jane Doe", Austin and his father start experiencing strange paranormal happenings the further and further they dive into her body.

Directed by André Øvredal, this 2016 independent film will entice you and leave you at the mercy of the screen to find out what happened to Jane Doe.

Sounds pretty interesting, right? As someone who has seen a lot of classic horror films and is always yelling at the characters on screen to run the other way, to not go into the scary basement, or to STICK TOGETHER, I will tell you that I was completely surprised by the logic the main characters possessed.

However, despite the main characters listening to their instincts and getting the HELL out of there when paranormal stuff becomes apparent (not a spoiler I promise!), I question that even though you may rationalize and make better choices in those situations ... are you still safe from the unknown?

Additionally, this film does its scary scenes very well, but what I love the most are the interactions between the characters and the slow but fascinating advancement of the plot. It pulls you in and leaves you begging to find the truth.

I urge you to give this underrated film a try and see for yourself if it is unlike any horror/thriller you have ever seen. It can be found on Netflix to stream!

Happy Pre-Spooky Season!