Attitude is Everything

Attitude is Everything

Kindness matters.

34
Attitude is Everything
Kit Langan

Until recently, I didn't realize the impact that one's positivity can have on any given individual. It's no secret that life can get pretty tough at times and that some days are better than others. Situations can arise that effect lives personally and emotionally that ultimately take a distinct toll on the person that must face them. We are all, at one time or another, presented with choices and situations that test us in our own lives. These choices and situations test a variety of factors, particularly individual character and strength. Someone once told me that attitude is everything in life. I'm realizing now that that person was right, and that every difficult situation we are faced with can be subdued and made easier by maintaining a positive attitude.

I think it's important to recognize the benefits of choosing to be positive regardless of the difficulties that you may be facing personally. I've personally seen how positive attitudes and simple acts of kindness can impact other people. It only helps to continue to make the world a better place little by little. Choosing to be positive despite personal setbacks is admirable, and in many ways, it helps to ease the difficulties of dealing with those challenging setbacks. I've found that the simplest of gestures can make rather dramatic differences in the every day lives of others. Some of these simple gestures include smiling as you walk by someone, helping a friend accomplish a certain task, giving back to the community through service, or lending your time and your ear to someone in need. These are all gestures that can truly make someone else's day and, additionally, a larger difference. They may seem small, but they are most definitely significant. Paying this attitude of positivity forward will provide hope to those that are struggling.

It's cliche, but life is really too short to be anything but happy. Struggles and challenges are unfortunately a part of life. It is a sad but true fact that everyone must face them at one point in time or another. However, when we're presented with various challenges and struggles, we have two choices. We can let them define our attitudes and actions or we can choose to learn valuable lessons from them and combat them with positivity. It's important to remember that acts of kindness don't go unnoticed, and that whether you're told or not, positive attitudes coupled with kind acts have drastic impacts on the lives of other people.

Attitude is everything, and I believe that choosing to be consistently positive can slowly but surely make this world a kinder and better place.