At the Rave

At the Rave

Do you like music? Do you like dancing like no one is watching?
4

Do you like music? Do you like dancing like no one is watching? Do you like making friends? Do you like pretty lights? Do you like experimenting?

If you answered yes to any of these, then you need to get on Google ASAP and find the closest music festival to you, and go. If you're craving a life changing experience, you sure are in for one, and here's why:

1. The Music

Obviously the most important part of a music festival is the music. Personally, the best type of music to vibe to is EDM. Mostly because when it comes to this genre of music, there are a ton of sub-genres. Whether you like funk beats or dirty beats, more instrumentals or more bass, there is something for everyone.

2. The Food

Most people try to budget when going to festivals, mostly because the people going are already broke. And more than often, people are sacrificing the festival food, and eating a granola bar. Here is my advice to you; EAT THE FOOD. Yes, festival food is expensive. However, it is also delicious and filling, and you will not be able to get it anywhere else. And honestly, food always makes everything better.

3. The Friends AKA The Dysfunctional Family

If you ever feel like you don't have any friends, download the app Radiate and join the forums to all of the festivals you are going to. Drop a post, and make some friends. People will respond, and they may just become your new BFF. And if you already have a ton of friends, still download the app and drop a post or two. Because who doesn't like a growing rave fam? It's more than likely that if you like the same type of music, that you will vibe with these people and dance the nights away. Let's be real here, music is one of the most important levels of compatibility when it comes to any relationship.

From making friends at a festival, you also may grow stronger bonds. These people become your rave family. No matter how dysfunctional you guys are, you can't wait to see them at the next festival or reunion you are having/going to, and you love them to death. I talk to my rave fam literally everyday. And our groupme can literally show just how dysfunctional we really are. But you wouldn't trade them for the world because they make your festivals just that much better.

4. The Plethora

No matter what your poison, you can find it at a music festival, easy. Just ask. And if that person doesn't have it, they probably know someone that does. Whether you're looking for something simple like Mary Jane, or you're looking for your hardcore friends like Dave, Molly, or Lucy, you'll find them. And if you have any trouble, just locate the closest wook, and you'll be set.

5. The Attire

What you decide to wear is 100% up to you, and trust me no one will judge you. Whether you want to let tata's out, be a boho princess, or rock out, do it. Wear(or don't wear) whatever you're comfortable in. There are literally no rules when it comes to your choice in rave gear. If you can't decide what type of raver you want to be, Pinterest is most helpful.

6. The Great Outdoors

If you love music and you love the outdoors, festivals were made for you. There's nothing better than camping in ninety degree weather, at night, sweating your life away. And the only thought in your head is, "why did I do this again?"

7. The Ecomonics

If you really think about it, going to a festival can really save you money. If you see each of these artists individually, you'll be paying at least $25-$40 minimum on a ticket, going up to hundreds. If a festival has several artists that you want to see, then you're saving money by going. One festival can equal up at least 20 different artists. So even though you spend a couple hundred on a ticket, you're saving so much money, you actually should be able to afford the food.

8. The Vibes

When you're at a festival, it is impossible to be upset. You will never find a place with such little drama in your life. Nothing is better than amazing music, with great friends, good vibes, yummy food and dancing. You'll make a bunch of great memories and super cool friends along the way. It is near impossible to have a bad time at a festival, even if it rains the whole time, or is a million degrees, you'll have a blast.

The best part of a festival is that you can be yourself and no one will judge you. Mostly because everyone else is just as weird as you and only cares about having the time of their lives. So find one, grab some friends, and head out for your next life changing experience. Trust me, it's worth it.