Astrology 101: Part 1.

Astrology 101: Part 1.

The sun, the moon, and the rising... The three signs that hold a lot more power in your life than you realize. Who said being a human doesn't come with an instruction manual?

321
Astrology 101: Part 1.
Astrolok

Astrology can be perceived as a pseudoscience, but still falls under the category of metaphysics because of how it's approached. It's a study of what's beyond physicality but often mistaken as something scientific. Astrology was most prominently used many, many years ago in different cultures, but in todays society, we follow Western Astrology. It served as calendars, maps, and even communication from the gods. It's often discussed in the most nonsensical and simplified form, such as the all-encompassing daily horoscopes in newspapers. There's a lot more to astrology than most people know, but the basics of it can take you down the path of craving more knowledge of this subject.

In astrology, three basic things you should get used to are The Sun, The Moon, and the Rising (Ascendant) Signs. You will find all three things in the natal chart, and more, which is hard to understand without full knowledge of the basics first. When someone asks you about your sign, they're almost always talking about the sun sign, commonly called the zodiac sign. These 12 signs have to do with the sun's position at the moment you were born, and it's supposed to represent your general approach to life and your nature.

The 12 signs are Aries (3/21 - 4/20), Taurus (4/21 - 5/21), Gemini (5/22 - 6/21), Cancer (6/22 - 7/22), Leo (7/23 - 8/21), Virgo (8/22 - 9/23), Libra (9/24 - 10/23), Scorpio (10/24 - 11/22), Sagittarius (11/22 - 12/22), Capircorn (12/23 - 1/20), Aquarius (1/21 - 2/19), and Piceses (2/20 - 3/20).

The signs are divided into four categories that represent the elements. The water elements are Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces'. They are ruled in the 4th, 8th and the 12th houses. The fire elements fire elements are Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius'. They are ruled in the 1st, 5th and 9th houses. The earth elements are Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn's. They are ruled in the 2nd, 6th and 10th houses. Last but not least, the air elements are Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius'. They are intellectual and analytical, amongst many other things. They are ruled in the 3rd, 7th and 11th houses.

Have you ever met someone with the same sign and Have you ever met someone with the same sign and realized you were exact opposites? That means that person has a different moon and rising sun. zed you were exact opposites? That means that person has a different moon sign. The moon sign represents who you are introspectively. It's based on which zodiac house the moon was in at the specific time and place of birth. It shows how you handle your own emotions, fears, and love. Having both the same sign for both the moon and the sun, you'd be considered a double. Although it's easier for you to be a double with both the sun and the moon or the sun and rising, it's harder to be the same moon and rising. How you are alone, versus how you are around other's can be extremely different. You can be two, even three different signs when considering the sun, the moon, and the rising sign.

The final sign, Rising, is also known as Ascendant. It's time specific, meaning that it's based on the position of the planets at the time and place of birth. When people first meet you, they are interacting with your rising sign.

Ever had someone describe you in a way you don't see yourself? Common, right? That's the conflicting rising sun going against both your moon and sun sign. For example, you could be feeling nervous and anxious inside while appearing to have a calm persona to everyone else. Rising sign is most commonly recognized to be a mask to many astrologers. It shows how you are forced to interact depending on your environment. It's said that once you recognize the real reason that you have this sign, you will be able to discover what you were supposed to do and perfect in this life.

I have recognized that I'm Libra (Air) Sun, Cancer (Water) Moon, and Aquarius (Air) Rising according to my birth time and location. Once you can grasp the idea and concept of all three of those signs, you still have to recognize the meanings of the 12 zodiac signs and how they relate to each other, then you can move on to bigger things, such as fully understanding the astrology natal charts. It consists of the houses the planets fall in, and more details about your personality.

Once you start to research moreabout your own astrological signs... you'll become more aware of yourself than before. Although it's a long process, it's worth it in the end.