Ash Wednesday Is A Time Of Self-Reflection

My hope is this Lenten season we will all seek to go deeper with our creator and have true self-reflection.
259

This year Ash Wednesday is on Valentine’s Day which provides us with a lens that allows us to have a better view in how we experience this Lenten season and also reflect on how much we love Christ and how much we are willing to turn our lives over to Christ.

The meaning of lent is for us followers of Christ to pause for 6 weeks of self-reflection through prayer and denying ourselves of things that typically would take our attention of from Christ.

For me this Lenten season, I will seek to deepen my faith in more tangible ways by being sure to have daily prayer and devotional time, by sharing God’s love with those I come in contact with, to seek understanding rather than confrontational.

I will work better not to judge people based on what I believe to be ignorant and hurtful social media posts, I also will work harder to see the heart and humanness of those I come in contact with.