As a College Student, My Quarantine Silver Lining Has Been Getting The Break I Was Begging For​.

I asked for it, and I shall receive....even if its 5 months too long.

7
Photo by Nandhu Kumar from Pexels

I remember waking up on March 11th, 2020. I had gotten my wisdom teeth out a couple days earlier, and as lame as it sounds, I was thrilled to spend spring break in bed relaxing. The previous weeks had been constant go-go-go and I remember looking at my planner in agony because I wanted was to feel successful. I felt far from it.

I could write an article explaining everything COVID-19 has ruined, and I know that list is long with others as well. It has taken people, jobs, sanity, housing, education, and so much more. Looking past all the bad even when it's hard, there is some good that should be celebrated.

This break has allowed people to feel more connected to themselves. Whether it was spending 10 days alone in my room, or not being able to be as social, I have been able to connect and understand my feelings more which is imperative to having good mental health. I am the type of person to always want to be hanging out with somebody or doing something fun with a group of people.

The silver lining is being able to hangout with myself, and still be happy. I don't need to constantly be around others or doing something, and neither do you. I know some people (hey introverts) can't relate to this, but pre-pandemic I was legit afraid to sit still. Now, I love doing it. I love hanging out with myself. If you hangout with yourself, you can stop doing things you hate and start loving life unapologetically.

If you haven't found the value in hanging out with yourself, try to. It doesn't mean you are lonely, or a loser. It means that being alone gives you the time to process things you didn't even know were there.