Ariana Grande's '7 Rings' Is An Instant Female Power Anthem
Music

Ariana Grande's newest single "7 Rings," is a banger, I'm sure my sisters can relate.

53

Ariana's new song "7 Rings" focuses a lot on "self." In the first verse, she straight comes out of the gate with,

"Lashes and diamonds, ATM machines, buy me all of my favorite things."

This I instantly relate to being single but still successful. Nowadays, I feel like many people associate being in a relationship with success and this song really embodies the idea of single being positive.

Through the next verse she starts to talk about the growth she's had throughout her life because of circumstances she's recently been in, and how once again, she's happy with being single. Being single can give someone the freedom they might not have in a relationship, like flirting with whoever, talking to whoever, and being with whoever, which is an issue if you're in a relationship.

This entire song continues to reiterate the confidence Ari seemingly has. She is very clear that she is independent and doesn't need a boyfriend to buy her things because well, she can get it herself. She also embraces the fact that her hair isn't all natural, which let's be real, in show business, people don't usually openly talk about stuff they have that isn't natural, such as hair, eyelashes, butts, and boobs (to name a few).

My favorite part of the song is when she seemingly calls out Pete Davidson. If you didn't know, Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson were engaged, until on his "SNL" skit, he very publicly stated how much Ariana pays for monthly rent while bragging about as long as he keeps food in the fridge they're fine. When Davidson said this it definitely made it look like he was just using her name for fame. Within the next few days of the skit, they were over.

Ariana received a lot of backlash over Mac Miller's suicide. Many people blamed Ariana and later that same month she broke it off with Pete Davidson. Less than four months later, she releases this single. If you don't have respect for her after "thank u next," then after listening to this song, you will. With her last few songs being pretty good, I'm excited to see what else she comes out with.