Are Women Responsible For Their Own Safety?

No, they are not.

65
scallywagandvagabond.com and kiow.com

Women should not have to travel in packs. Women should not have to text their friends. Women should not have to avoid eye contact. Women should not have to run instead of walk. Women should not have to learn self-defense. Women should not have to carry pepper spray or a taser. Women should not have to do any of these things.

Women DO NOT need to change their behavior. Women DO NOT need to take responsibility for their own safety.

We should be able to go for a jog. We should be able to play golf. We should be able to go to the grocery store. We should be able to attend school. We should be able to walk through a parking lot. We should be able to do ALL of these things and alone if we want to!

In fact, we should be doing whatever we want to by ourselves without the fear of someone attacking us or someone raping us or someone murdering us.

We do not need any more reminders. We are sick and tired of being told what to do and what not to do. Especially, in the wake of yet another loss of a woman's life.

The ones who need reminders are... the people who do not know or understand the word "no". The people who think they can have anything they want. The people who think they are superior. The people who have no respect for women. THEY are the ones that need reminders!

So STOP blaming women!

It's not the clothes that we wear. It's not the time of day we are outside. It's not the way we looked at someone. It's not if we are alone or not. It's not whether we drank too much. It's not whether you thought we didn't mean "no".

It's NOT us!