Are Robots Silently Taking Over?

Are Robots Silently Taking Over?

Yes, we all know that robots are becoming more and more prominent in our lives, but if you really think about it, how many are around you at all times?

7

To start out: let's clarify that when I say 'robots' I'm not just talking about ones like Sophia, the humanoid robot. Robots are around us so much more than we realize.

This topic came to my mind the other day when I went downstairs and saw that the floor wasn't perfectly clean like it usually was every morning. Vivi, our robot vacuum, cleans the floor overnight and she had not done her job, so I went to her station and she wasn't there … I looked around and couldn't find her. So naturally I started tripping, did she climb the stairs? Had she watched us sleep? What was going on? I knew having a robot in the house was a bad idea! All was well when I remembered that I had locked her in the downstairs bathroom (It needed a really good vacuum, ok).

That's beside the point though, later that evening I was telling my roommate about the scare I had with Vivi earlier that morning and that's when I realized, there is not just one robot in our house, but four! There is Vivi, our vacuum and then we have three different Alexas. Now maybe Alexa isn't technically considered a robot, but she is considered the brain of the new "lynx" robot. Think about it: Alexa can talk to you, tell you all kinds of things and on top of that, she can control the lights, the locks, the temperature, some appliances and so much more.

We have four different robots in our house at all times, listening to us, maybe watching us, I don't know. Think about this though, how much more efficient are things with these robots around? You never have to drag the vacuum cleaner out, plug it in and move furniture to get underneath it. You don't have to look at the weather; you can just ask Alexa while you're standing in your closet trying to figure out what to wear. I mean hell, you don't even have to turn on your own lights in the morning.

Who is sneakily incorporating all of these robots into our homes? Why are they doing it? I mean yes, they are beneficial. You don't have to do a lot of things on your own, but before you know it you're going to have 15 robots in your house conspiring against you, ya know. Maybe not though, maybe robots taking over is far fetched but keep an eye out, they're allllll around us and we don't really know why.