April Showers Bring Some Really Great Television

A look at some new and returning shows of the spring season.

11
HBO

With the new month of April just beginning comes the Spring season. Random rain showers, new plants, the closing of another school year. All wonderful things seem to appear in this time frame. But with this newfound happiness can come the stress of school, sleepless nights and figuring out just what you want to do with your life.

What's my solution? Television. So let's take a look at some of the returning and new shows from the 2016 Spring Television Premiere Calendar.

"Dice" (2016-)

"Dice" is a new American comedy series starring Andrew Dice Clay as himself. The show airs on April 10 on Showtime, and is a semi-autobiographical series that follows the home and work lives of comedians. Special guest appearances include Natasha Leggero, Criss Angel, Adrien Brody, Wayne Newton and more.

"Fear the Walking Dead" (2015-)

Fear the Walking Dead makes a season two return on AMC this Sunday, April 10. The popular spin off series of "The Walking Dead" has a brilliant group of actors including Kim Dickens, Cliff Curtis, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Mercedes Madison and more. The second season will be longer than the first, yet eight of the 15 episodes will be held back until the fall. With an IMDB rating of 7.4 out of 10 from just season one alone, "Fear the Walking Dead" is set to have another phenomenal season and bring us all the zombie killing action with crave.

"Game of Silence" (2016-)

"Game of Silence" is a new American drama series based on the Turkish series "Suskunlar." The series stars David Lyon as Jackson, a successful attorney who seems to have it all. "Game of Silence" surrounds five best friends with a dark secret they thought was buried 25 years ago, only to discover that you can't hide your past forever. The series premieres Tuesday, April 12 on NBC.

"Orphan Black" (2013-)

"Orphan Black" returns to BBC America for its fourth season. Starring Tatiana Maslany, the series surrounds a group of clones and raises issues about the moral and ethical implications of human cloning, and its effect on issues of personal identity. The series itself has been nominated for many awards as well as Maslany herself winning two Critics Choice Awards in 2013 and 2014. Maslany was also nominated for a Golden Globe Award in 2014 for Best Performance in a Television Series - Drama Actress. "Orphan Black" has an 8.4 rating on IMDB and returns on Thursday, April 14.

"Containment" (2016-)

"Containment" is a new American drama miniseries, based on the Belgian TV series "Cordon." The story develops around a quarantine in Atlanta, when a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out. The quarantine forces those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives. The series is set to debut on Tuesday, April 19 on the CW.

"Game of Thrones" (2011-)

The hit HBO series "Game of Thrones" returns for its sixth season on Sunday, April 24. The season consists of ten episodes and will include a new companion talk show, "After the Thrones," which will stream on HBO's various streaming services on each Monday. The new season is sure to bring violent battles, weird sex scenes, tears of sorrow and of course, screams of happiness. And hopefully, Jon Snow is still alive.

So instead of filling your April with the sadness of school, relationship problems and trying to become an adult, enjoy some good television. And remind yourself, summer is almost here.