An Ode To Ice Cream

An Ode To Ice Cream

Appreciate it for the staple that it is in the dessert world.

332
An Ode To Ice Cream

Everyone has their favorite dessert. Some people like fancier desserts like creme brulee or tiramisu, some are simple and like brownies or cookies. Regardless of your favorite, there is one dessert that pairs with more than just other desserts and is fabulous on its own: ice cream.

First, ice cream is amazing on its own. Chocolate and vanilla are the classics and although they're good on their own, throw in some sprinkles or whipped cream and it's delicious. You can add almost anything to these staples and it's a perfect dessert. Love fruit? Throw it on top. Love candy? Mix it in there. Doesn't matter, you got it.

All of the different flavors of ice cream really just amp it up. There are so many different types of ice cream that you can find anything that you'll love. Cookie dough, cookies n' cream, peanut butter cup, chocolate and marshmallow, cotton candy, there's endless possibilities and something for everyone's fancy. On top of that, you can then add toppings and BOOM. You're taking a simple dessert to the next level.

Not to mention the fact that ice cream pairs with almost any dessert. Go ahead, name a type of pie that a scoop of vanilla or chocolate ice cream doesn't taste delicious with. Or think of cake - ice cream pairs perfectly with a slice of cake. And not to mention that ice cream cake is absolutely delicious and it's a part of it! But hey, if it makes you happy to then add on another scoop of ice cream to your cake, have at it. Whatever makes you happy because ice cream is just that good.

You can have ice cream any time of year. Okay, this one always gets some eye rolls because who wants ice cream when it's snowing and cold outside? This is when you throw a scoop on top of a nice warm brownie or mix it in with some fresh baked cookies. Throw some hot fudge on it and you won't even think about the snowy weather. And who doesn't like ice cream on a hot summer day? It's so refreshing while still satisfying your sweet tooth. In the spring, it's like tasting that first sense of summer when you get your first cone as the weather is climbing from freezing to warm. In the fall, they do specialty flavors including apple spice ice cream or pair it with cider to make it festive.

No matter how you look at it, ice cream is one of the best desserts out there. It's a staple, or a pairing, or the base for all of your favorite toppings. Next time you have a scoop, remember the glory that it can be and appreciate it for the simplicity that it is. Now excuse me while I go try to decide which flavor I'll have next.