life and its fleeting moments

Life And Its Series Of Fleeting Moments

Appreciate it all.

142
Life And Its Series Of Fleeting Moments
Hannah Niebel

Life is composed of thousands of different moments. In fact, you choosing to read this article at this very point in time is a moment in itself. If you really want to get philosophical with it, technically everything that we do is a moment from the past. As soon as I push my finger down on the keyboard, it will become a moment from the past as soon as I let my finger up.

Everything we do in life is just a memory. The last time you dove into the water and goosebumps flooded your skin was just a memory. Laughing till the milk you were drinking came out of your nose with your best friend is now just a memory. Walking into your first day at high school, college or a new job is now just a memory. Dancing in circles with the boy who you thought you would be walking down the aisle to one day is now just a memory. Singing at the top of your lungs alone in the car to Kelly Clarkson is now just a memory. I think you get the point.

These memories and moments that we go through are a lot more than just pictures to look back on. You might not remember every detail or recap from the memory itself, but the thing you do remember is the way that you felt. Every memory comes with a different feeling of emotion. The way that she made you laugh. The way that he made you feel a rush of tears from that pit in your throat. The way that floating on top of the rolling salt water made you feel so warm inside and content.

I have gotten down on myself so many times in life because of how deeply I feel things. For a long time, I wished there was a flip I could just switch to become emotionless. I know that may come across as pretty depressing, but I don't mean it in a sad way. I just thought that maybe if I did not feel everything so intensely, I would have less of a chance of getting hurt in the long run when those moments were up.

It was not until I really thought about it that I realized going through life emotionless is actually the worst possible way to do it. Eventually, every moment and memory that we encounter will end.

Appreciating where you are and who you are with is such an important thing to do. You never know when that kiss or wave goodbye to someone could actually be your last. You never know when your life could change dramatically for the better or worse. You never know when that moment or memory is going to end.

There will be times in life that you're going to want to rewind back to a memory and not change anything, but just to feel the way you felt again. The funny thing about life always being lived in the past is that you can not relive a moment.

So smile a little bigger, cry a little more, sing in the shower a lot louder, let go of that grudge a whole lot faster, treasure that first dance and how lucky you felt in his arms, and love 10 times harder then ever you wanted too because one day your going to look back and that moment will be just that, a memory.

Nothing last forever, so you better appreciate and enjoy every feeling that comes with the moment you're in and the people you are with because literally- it's now or never.