Fall 2019 Scholarships You Can Apply To From Your Phone

10 Fall 2019 Scholarships You Can Apply To From Your Phone

Check out these 10 scholarships you can easily apply to right from your phone.

1018

College is expensive. Many students are trying to mitigate the costs by applying for as many scholarships and contests as possible. But writing long, well-researched essays and pouring your heart out can be taxing. You might feel you don't have the energy to power through any more applications.

Luckily, increasing your odds of winning money for school doesn't have to be difficult. The ten scholarships below don't require pages upon pages about your life. In fact, some don't require a written response at all. So break out that smartphone and start earning more money towards your education.

1. The Redefine Black Scholarship

Deadline: August 5, 2019

DoSomething.org is looking for a solution to a problem. Currently, words like "dirty" and "evil" are still used in the dictionary to define the word "black." The words we choose matter, so it's time to change them. Learn how what you write can make a difference. Sign up for resources on how language affects perception for a chance to win $5,000.

2. The Law Offices of Joel J. Kofsky Scholarship

Deadline: August 15, 2019

This Philadelphia-based law firm is looking for a short video — just two to three minutes — on the topic of driving to avoid a car accident. You could focus on a pressing issue, like texting while driving, or something more complex. Videos will be judged based on innovation, design and topic-related content. The first place winner will recieve a scholarship of $1,500.

3. Make Me Laugh Scholarship 

Deadline: August 31, 2019

Have an embarrassing or funny story to share? Unigo wants to lighten things up with a gut-buster that's 250 words or less. Forget about the stress of applications and essays and just have fun. The winner recieves $1,500 towards school expenses like tuition and textbooks.

4. ScholarshipPoint's $10,000 Giveaway

Deadline: September 15, 2019

To a student with loans, $10,000 is a life-changing amount of money. Entry is as simple as completing a short form with your name, birthday and grade. As a bonus, you'll also be entered into two additional $1,000 scholarship contests. Check back often, as scholarships are given away multiple times each year.

5. Return2College Scholarship

Deadline: September 30, 2019

In three sentences or less, Return2College wants you to explain why you're pursuing your degree. Why does theater speak to you? Why is saving lives your passion? And because you may have more to say than three sentences will allow, you can submit as many entries as you'd like. The first place winner will recieve a $1,000 scholarship.

6. Oleg Fastovsky Outstanding Citizen Scholarship

Deadline: September 30, 2019

In 500 words or less, the Maryland Criminal Defense Group wants you to talk about how you and others can serve your community. It's perfect for those with personal volunteer experience. The first place winner will recieve $500 towards their education. This contest is also open to high school seniors.

7. Good Colleges Study Abroad Award 

Deadline: November 1, 2019

This prize of $2,000 in cash is open to all students who want to study abroad. In as a little as 150 words, tell judges why you have your sights set on a certain city. Talk about why you're obsessed with hiking Mt. Kilimanjaro or climbing the Eiffel Tower. The winner can use the scholarship towards any study expenses.

8. CC Bank's Young Scholars Scholarship

Deadline: December 31, 2019

Each year, CC Bank's awards $2,000 to five students attending college or university. Enter for a chance to win by completing a short application with a 250-word response on how volunteer work has shaped who you are. Pull from personal experiences or what you've witnessed in your community.

9. $500 Transfer Student Scholarship

Deadline: December 31, 2019

Not interested in writing a short essay? With Niche's Transfer Student Scholarship, all you have to do is fill out a short form with your name, birthday and email for a chance to win $500. Current and prospective college students can use the money towards tuition, books and other education-related costs.

10. VIP Voice Scholarship

Deadline: Rolling

If you want a simple way to earn money for college, look no further than VIP Voice's $5,000 scholarship. To enter, all you have to do is complete two short surveys. As you complete surveys, you'll earn points. The more points you have, the better your chances of winning the contest.

When summer is here and it's time to start thinking about heading back to school in the fall, don't stress about student loans or paying for more books. Instead, take out your smartphone and start earning cash.

Most of the contests above require just a few short sentences to enter. Some require nothing but your name and email. What are you waiting for? Start paying for your education today!