$700 MEME By Apple

$700 MEME By Apple

For Some reason Apple went all out and made some apple Wheels; lets try to see why?!

95
$700 MEME By Apple

While the world is slowly recovering from the pandemic, in the tech industry, the microelectronics supergiant, Apple, went all out to make some wheels for their new model of MAC Pro. The wheels on itself are alright, but what caught the attention was the price one has to pay for it. It's a literal $699.0 for two pairs of wheels, and I wonder who in the mind would ever buy one, so in today's segment, I'll try my best not to give a sarcastic review and try to dissect the marketing of it (with a straight face).

First of all, let me be very clear, "Do not Buy these, Please!".

So apple has been around for quite a long time now, revolutionizing pretty much the whole microelectronic (smartphones/Laptops/tablets) industry since 2007, and we are all too familiar with their outrageous pricing tactics. However earlier this month, they started to sell a pair of wheels for their desktop computer, and it got a lot of press attention. And like most of their initial product lunches, there were controversies and a lot of negative reviews about the product. This wouldn't have happened if they had silently sold it, but with the expensive pricing for something that had little to no value, apple's wheels did get media attention in the tech world.

For the sake of it, the products are literal wheels that one attaches to the base of the current generation of iMac pro. The wheels do nothing to the functionality of the computer, as the iMac pro needs a substrate to latch onto to be able to be plugged in the power outlet. The product itself if useless, but the sheer price of the product is downright hilarious. With the price tag of $699.00 when bought in its own, and $399.99 if bought along with the iMac Pro, the apple wheels are just custom made stainless steel with rubberized wheels.

But Why would Apple Even make Them; Fun Economics: My opinion

1) To get media/press attention: In the time of this crisis, and while in quarantine, apple might have thought to get some media attention, so they decided to sell the apple wheels. Probably keeping in mind that some ads are better than no ads.

It's not like apple would be forgotten in a matter of few months, but I think this might make up for some ads attention, as they have been quiet ever since the release of the iPhone 11 and need some attention to sell the new competitive iPhone SE ($399.99 pretty nice for the price).

2) To subsidize the competitive market: This might be a big reason, and where the pricing makes some sense in terms of making money in returns as a company. This year, Apple launched the new iPhone SE which is a lower-priced iPhone for the competitive market. This phone is priced at $399.99 and has the same A13 Bionic chip as the new iPhone 11, a capable HDR camera with portrait and low light capturing modes, and decent battery life.

Also in 2019, they came out with one of the best priced new generations (7th gen) of Ipad at $399.99 which is a very good and capable machine. So maybe apple thought of making some money from a gimmick product like the apple wheel to invest whatever profit they make from it to the competitive market to produce other low-end quality devices.

3) To be content with Luxury Brand aura: Love it, or hate it, but Apple has always held up its own and with however many memes they have fallen into, they have always been in the luxury class in terms of the tech world. So maybe the outrageous price for the simple pair of wheels seemed like the right thing to do to maintain that aura relevantly.

4) Just to put it out there: This reason goes along with the first reason. It might have been nothing if they had not set the price very high, they might not have gotten any press until the next release of iPhone or their new product in September. So to get the supply chain or the market running apple might have sold wheels for no particular reason, but to catch attention.