Why Spotify Will Always Be Better Than Apple Music
Music

Sorry, But Apple Music Will Never Match The Quality Of Spotify

If I was someone who still spent my money on Apple Music, I would definitely take this moment to reconsider going into the new year.

255

There seems to be this ongoing debate about which is better, Apple Music or Spotify. While the world loves listening to their music their way, many people are continuously working to convince others about the platform they find to be superior. I know how I feel about this debate, and I have a feeling there are plenty of people who stand behind me.

As the year is coming to an end, Spotify recently released their "Your Year Wrapped," to each of their listeners. This included the total number of minutes listened, top artists and genres listened to, as well as not one, but two playlists of both their listeners most played songs of the year and new music they think their listeners would enjoy. This is quite an iconic release, considering they put all this information out to their loyal listeners so that they know exactly how their year of music went. I do not know about you, but I definitely enjoy seeing what I personally listened to and how much time I spent listening to it. Not only that, but I am always looking for new music, so being given a playlist of recommendations made it that much better.

Also, as a student, discounts are kind of a big deal. With the first three months free, Spotify offers students Spotify premium for $4.99 a month, with Hulu and Showtime included. While Apple Music also has a student discount of $4.99 a month, they do not offer the first three months free or include Hulu and Showtime in their deal. Spotify seems to be taking the lifestyle of a broke college student into account and offering as much as possible. Spotify's student discount here is definitely worth more than Apple Music's student discount, what more could you ask for?

With the amount of dedication Spotify offers its listeners, it is no contest about which music streaming platform it better. Apple Music could never compare to everything that Spotify offers. With their "Your Year Wrapped," or their student discount no one can compare to, it is obvious that this is the streaming service more dedicated to the enjoyment of its listeners. If I was someone who still spent my money on Apple Music, I would definitely take this moment to reconsider going into the new year.