Feeling Anxious? Queue These Up

The Ultimate Playlist For When You're Feeling Anxious

Because all we can do is keep breathing.

161

When we talk about coping mechanisms, it seems like they're this very complicated thing that requires us to do a lot of soul-searching. And finding ones that work can be.

But let's break this down to the easiest explanation: a coping mechanism is a thing that makes you happy.

And what's the one thing that you can always rely on to match your mood? MUSIC.

So here it is: The Ultimate Playlist For When You're Feeling Anxious.

1. "Keep Breathing" by Ingrid Michaelson

"Grey's Anatomy" gave us THE BEST songs for coping. Fight me on it.

Best line: "I want to change the world, instead I sleep."

2. "Where Does the Good Go" by Tegan and Sara

Yes, it's THAT song that Christina and Meredith dance to. I told you Grey's gave us the best of the best.

Best line: "It's love that breaks the seal of always thinking you would be real happy and healthy, strong and calm."

3. "I Feel It All" by Feist

Best line: "I don't know what I knew before, but now I know I want to win the war."

4. "Iridescent" by Linkin Park

Yes. This is from Transformers. No. I'm not ashamed.

Best line: "Remember all the sadness and frustration and let it go."

5. "Havoc" by Alanis Morissette

Best line: "I have no defense. I'm wreaking havoc, wreaking havoc and consequence."

6. "Heal Me" by Lady Gaga

No explanation needed.

Best line: "I need you to inspire me when I can't inspire myself. I need you to provide for me when I feel like someone else."

7. "Knock On My Door" by Faouzia

Best line: "Sing along to our melody, even if we're a tiny little bit off key."

8. "Moving Forward" by Colony House

If there is any song on this playlist that you absolutely need to listen to, it's this.

Best line: "I'm moving forward. I found my freedom. I found the life that gave me reason to live."

9. "Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls

A little middle school tween angst never hurt nobody.

Best line: "When everything's meant to be broken, I just want you to know who I am."

10. "No Such Thing" by John Mayer

Best line: "They love to tell you, 'Stay inside the lines.'" But something's better on the other side."

11. "Wunderkind" by Alanis Morissette

This song was in the credits of The Chronicles of Narnia. Stay for the credits, people.

Best line: "I am a wunderkind, and I live the envelope pushed far enough to believe this. I am a princess on the way to my throne destined to serve, destined to roam."

12. "I Wanna Get Better" by Bleachers

Best line: "I didn't know I was broken 'til I wanted to change."

13. "Human" by Rag'n'Bone Man

If you're into taking spin classes, request for the instructor to play this song. Talk about a meditative bop.

Best line: "I'm only human, I make mistakes. I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me. Don't put the blame on me."

14. "Do or Die" by Thirty Seconds to Mars

One of the Top 3 Songs That Always Make Me Cry.

Best line: "Fate is coming that I know. Time is running got to go."

15. "The Story" by Sara Ramirez

I don't care what anyone says, the Grey's Anatomy musical episode was a gift to us all.

Best line: "And all of my friends who think that I'm blessed, they don't know my head is a mess."

16. "The Cave" by Mumford & Sons

Best line: "And I'll find strength in pain, and I will change my ways."

17. "Rise Up" by Andra Day

Still reminds me of my post-2016 election breakdown.

Best line: "And you can't find the fighter, but I see it in you so we gonna walk it out."

18. "Doing All Right" by Smile (Queen)

Shout out to Bohemian Rhapsody for bringing this one into millennials' lives.

Best line: "Yesterday my life was in ruin. Now today I know what I'm doing"

19. "You Say" by Lauren Daigle

Best line: "You say I am loved when I can't feel a thing. You say I am strong when I think I am weak."

20. "Grace" by Rag'n'Bone Man

Maybe just listen to everything by Rag'n'Bone Man, mmmkay?

Best line: "At the death of every darkness there's a morning."

21. "Unsteady" by X Ambassadors

Also in the Top 3 Songs That Always Make Me Cry.

Best line: Dad, I know you're trying, to fight when you feel like flying."

22. "42" by Mumford & Sons

Best line: "So give us a sign. I need some guiding light."

23. "Breath (2AM)" by Anna Nalick

Best line: "No one can find the rewind button girl, so cradle your head in you hands and breathe."

24. "Carrie You" by Ruelle feat. Fleurie

Best line: "You are not alone. I've been here the whole time singing you a song."

25. "There Will Be Time" by Baaba Maal & Mumford & Sons

A bop. Enough said.

Best line: "In the cold light, I live to love and adore you. It's all that I am, it's all that I have"

26. "Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)" by Baz Luhrman

A commencement speech put to music. I highly recommend this for meditation. Close your eyes and focus on every single word.

Best line: "Enjoy your body. Use it every way you can. Don't be afraid of it, or what other people think of it. It's the greatest instrument you'll ever own."

27. "Catch and Release (Deepend Remix)" by Matt Simons

Best line: "Everybody got their reason. Everybody got their way. We're just catching and releasing what builds up throughout the day."

28. "Young & Free" by Dermot Kennedy

Best line: "Like I said already darling, I don't want you looking back at all the ghosts left behind. Know you'll stay near me so road remains hopeful this time."

29. "Almost Home" by Ben Rector

Best line: "And with all that noise around me, I found a peace that I could call my own."

30. "Gypsy" by Lady Gaga

My favorite song, #1 on the list of the Top 3 Songs That Always Make Me Cry. This song has gotten my through every bump in the road. Gaga is queen, and that's the tea.

Best line: "Pack your bags and we can chase the sunset. Bust the rearview and fire up the jets
'cause it's you and me."