11 Annoying Things Skinny Girls Say

11 Things Skinny Girls Say That Annoy The Crap Out Of Curvy Girls

Just because you're singing in a different tune and changing a couple words, it doesn't make it your song.

1792
Mean Girls / Paramount Pictures

Recently, I took the liberty of delving into the depths of Reddit and Twitter to enlighten myself on some of the insecurities that are common to the conventional "skinny" girl as she peers at her reflection. As I read through the comments and threads consisting of at least 45 women, both skinny and curvy, I found that a lot of things were repetitive and quite frustrating to read for myself and other bodacious beauties.

As a woman on the curvy side of the spectrum, I felt that it was necessary to address some of the more common insecurities of the conventionally skinny girl, from our point of view.

1. "I can eat all I want and I never gain any weight!"

Shut. Up. Why is that something you feel needs to be shared? I guarantee that no one actually asked.

I will say this, with 100 percent confidence that my fellow curvy girls agree with me, this is the most annoying thing that could ever come out of your mouths.

Maybe you're actually trying to gain weight and it's not working? But why do you feel the need to share this with your curvy friends? In all honesty, it's frustrating and discouraging for us to hear because we 100 percent can't relate.

2. "My boobs are too small."

Whether it was because a guy made you insecure for being in the "itty bitty committee," you want to fill out dresses or cute tops more, or whatever your reason may be, you have no idea how annoying this is. Let me explain why.

First of all, your boobs are probably proportionate to your body. Your A, B, or C cup fits your body and that's perfectly fine.

Secondly, you actually have the ability to go braless and be comfortable. You don't have to worry about gravity because there's not a lot to weigh down.

Third of all, y'all don't have to deal with boob sweat on a hot day. It's honestly annoying and makes us a little jealous of your "itty bitties" during the summertime.

Fourth of all, you don't have to worry about back problems. Having big boobs sucks! I have triple-D cups and my back hurts almost all the time. The only way that we big-chested girls can battle this, in the most minuscule way I might add, is with a supportive and good-fitting bra. However, I can assure you, that bra won't be cute!

Thus, finally, appreciate the fact that you can buy cute and sexy bras. As you go up in cup sizes, the availability of these designs disappear because it requires more fabric and costs more money. Appreciate that your lingerie is cheaper and easily accessible.

3. "I have so many stretch marks, I look like a zebra."

This one was my favorite by a landslide because it made me laugh so hard.

Still, stretch marks are natural for everyone, even without going through a pregnancy. Having stretch marks does not mean you're fat — it's proof that you grew or that you're currently growing. Whether it's around your boobs, hips, thighs, stomach, or butt, stretch marks are natural and guess what? They're beautiful! They're sexy! They're proof that you're a growing, bodacious woman and there's nothing wrong with that.

It's laughable when skinny girls complain about stretch marks from our point of view. They're a normal occurrence for us and true, it's hard when we first get them at a younger age. However, as we got older, we became more accepting of them and they're fine. Stretch marks aren't that big of a deal and being dramatic about them is honestly unnecessary.

Eventually, y'all will get to the acceptance stage too.

4. "I'm naturally skinny."

Again: Shut. Up.

Even if that is true, rather than you having some type of eating disorder, I would like to clarify one thing: literally no one cares — humble skinny girls, toned girls, curvy girls, even guys. No one cares. Why is it necessary for y'all to point that out?

Do you just like attempting to make people that aren't "naturally skinny" feel bad that their genetics aren't as good as yours? Or are you defending yourself because someone tried to make you feel bad about yourself? I don't know. I'd love the input for explanations so feel free to drop me an email to help me understand.

However, I'll point out that if you are suffering from an eating disorder and you're claiming the "I'm naturally skinny" like Eugenia Cooney because you don't want people to worry, please take care of yourself. Please call a hotline and talk to a qualified professional if you're too scared to talk to your friends and family.

5. "I literally have no ass." 

I'll give it to you, you're not wrong. Is that why y'all compensate by arching your back at a 45-degree angle when you take a full-body selfie?

But girl, if you want a voluptuous booty, do some squats. Rejuvenate, tighten, and make those glutes stand at attention. Fill out those jeans and start making a solid attempt at twerking for once.

I will say this though. If you only want a bigger butt because of a man, or any man's preference, based on what you've seen on social media, shame on you. Yes, this happens and it is a reality. Don't change your body in any way to please a man. If you want to make changes, make sure they're for you, and only you.

Besides, having a big ole booty isn't all it's cracked up to be, pun intended. Big butts and curves may be the accepted mainstream thing because of social media with the #bodyposi movement, but you try sitting in a chair that doesn't compensate for a full booty. For example, airplanes are the worst for big-bootied women.

6. "Can you even tell I have an ass in these jeans?"

I'd like to point out that the only way you can have a butt in a pair of jeans is if you have a butt in the first place.

The opposite version of this question, when curvy girls ask, is "do these jeans make my butt look big?" No, your big butt makes your butt look big.

Jeans can't add on to or take away the amount of booty you have.

7. "I'm not curvy enough."

If there's anything we've learned about social media, it's that we constantly battle the mainstream beauty standards and how damaging it is to our confidence — it doesn't matter if you're skinny, curvy, or thick. Everyone's bodies are different. Everyone has different measurements in their waists and thighs.

The #bodyposi movement may be catering to thicker girls right now because we were unappreciated and discouraged for so long, but the movement truly is for everyone, no matter the body type. Just because it consists of predominantly curvy women, it doesn't mean that you're actually being left out. We're all being exposed to an overwhelming change in beauty standards and y'all are getting the short end of the stick now, I get it but if anything, y'all are segregating yourselves at this point.

However, for those of you that are the conventionally "skinny" girls, now you know how we've felt for so long — and for a much longer time. Not to be narcissistic or anything, but it's our time to be appreciated now.

8. "This belly fat is so disgusting."

First of all, that little, and I mean little, pooch you have? That's natural. That's not the equivalent to you getting fat. Everyone, even skinny girls that are actually in shape, have that little pooch, it's just more toned.

If you really want to talk about "disgusting belly fat," how do you think we feel? Curvy girls may radiate self-love, confidence, and sass, but that's because we've been denied it for so long and want to turn things around. However, when we get home and undress to take a shower or go to bed, you don't think we stare at our extra jiggle?

True, some curvy women love themselves enough that they can genuinely say, "damn girl, you're hot as hell!" when they're looking in the mirror, but not all of us can do that and actually mean it. So the next time you want to say something like that, especially if you have a curvy friend around, think about how that'll make her feel. It might make her feel worse and think, "if she thinks she's fat, I wonder what she thinks of me," or she'll be thinking "this girl has lost her freaking mind."

9. "I'm slim-thicc."

First of all, you're probably not. For a while, the gentlemen of our generation set the "standards" for "slim-thicc" as Mrs. Incredible (Elastigirl) from The Incredibles, or Kim Kardashian and Kylie Jenner to provide real-life models. Just like a Barbie doll, those are almost impossible standards and measurements to meet and unless you have the money to burn for plastic surgery, you're not achieving it.

However, the idea behind it is that you have a big and toned booty, big and toned thighs, and a flat and toned stomach. It's basically taking an hourglass figure and going the extra mile, but it excludes bust size somehow? I guess boob size doesn't matter as much as the butt?

Regardless, if you're a curvy girl but you're not toned, I guess you don't actually qualify to be "slim-thicc." Additionally, if you're a skinny girl that doesn't have thick thighs or a big booty, you don't qualify whatsoever.

Isn't society just wonderful?

10. "I hate that my thighs touch."

Why? Why is that such a big deal? I can understand if you're slightly out of shape and you want to rectify that but aside from that, why does it matter? Does it make skinny girls feel fat if their thighs do touch?

I know the thigh-gap trend was this big thing and caused issues as far as confidence and self-love but I guess I didn't realize the full extent of how deep that got ingrained in our expectations. Before it was the curvy girls who were struggling to meet society's standards for beauty and now, the tables have turned to the skinny girls with the thick-thighs trend.

Maybe you're not wanting to become a slave to society and refuse to have your thighs touch, or maybe you're just so body conscious that you're scared of gaining weight. Either way ladies, I think we can agree that society has screwed us and will continue to do so until the end of time. Dramatic? Maybe. Realistic? Absolutely.

11. "It's so hard to find jeans that fit me."

Let me remind you that all of y'all's sizes are easier to find and aren't sold out first. Because the U.S. has become a predominantly "overweight" country, the larger and median sizes are sold faster and more often in literally any store. You try finding a pair of jeans that compensates for your hips, butt, thighs, AND height, all while making sure they don't give you a raging cameltoe. I'll wait.

Society has set impossible standards for everyone to meet at one point or another and it's greatly affected how we feel about ourselves. There was a time when the ideal woman had a flawless and in-shape hourglass figure, which catered to the skinny girls of the world, and left curvy girls in the dust (except Marilyn Monroe). Now, thanks to the #bodyposi movement, curvy girls are flourishing and the tables have turned. However, when one side is thriving, the other struggles.

Curvy girls were never the kind of beautiful that was represented in magazines or on the runway, and it took a toll on our collective self-esteem because we lacked role models. We never had the spotlight or the appreciation until recently. We eventually stopped listening to our self-doubt, regrets, and shame because we wanted to be happy and comfortable in our own skin, and we're finally taking the necessary leaps to achieve it.

Now that the tables have turned, conventionally "skinny" girls are being more vocal about their insecurities because they're getting a taste of what it's like to be on the back burner of society. Yes, the #bodyposi movement is for everyone, but where was the inclusivity when skinny girls had the spotlight?