Animal Rights

Animals Are Our Familiars, But We Treating Them Like They're Not

Animals have been on this earth longer then we have.

40
https://unsplash.com/photos/DLX3PWsDPRM

There are a lot of articles like this on the internet, but it's not often that you hear about a spiritual connection with an animal that goes beyond the pet-human relationship. We don't often talk about the emotions surrounding our animal friends. Have you ever seen an animal have extreme sadness over their human dying? Have you seen the joy an animal has when their human walks through the door? Animals see us as their whole world. They are attuned to our emotions as much as we are maybe more. Their senses are stronger than ours. There are a lot of different species of animals that could be pets but all of them have souls.

I have two cats with my husband and both of them are connected to us. Our little girl is connected to my husband on a special level. She senses when he has anxiety attacks and depressive episodes. She knows how to calm him down. Our little boy is my familiar because he knows when I need him near me and when to ask for me to hold him. Our little boy is always the first to greet me when I come home with his sister (both of them are from the same litter). They sense when my husband and I have a fight because they'll sit with both of us until we've calmed down. It truly is majestic to see their emotions during different parts of the day and they keep us an endless supply of photo opportunities because of their human-like expresses of emotion.

On the topic of animal cruelty, we see it in the media from organizations like P.E.T.A about animals are treated in meat factories or farms. Not all of the farms treat their animals like crap, but a lot of the videos are true. I believe that you truly have to be an evil human to treat animals like their beneath you. Animals have natural defenses like situations that warrant it but we have technology that should not be used unless animals are attacking. In which case, more then 90% of the time, animals are defending themselves or their territory. Animals are not inherently evil creatures. Sometimes they don't have the same amount of intelligence as us, but they will not attack unless they are given a reason to.

Animals are as much of our friends as other humans. I prefer the company of animals to humans 95% of the time. They can't shout at you and make you feel like dirt. They only care about food, water, health and sometimes humans. If you treat them with love and respect, they'll do the same to you. Respect is a big word in the treatment of animals because some species of animals are not meant to be domesticated. You wouldn't go pet a shark in the wild as you would a dog in the streets. Respecting the environment is another way of respecting our animal friends. Please, whatever you do, never disrespect an animal because they turn out to be your best friend.

My fur babies Noreen Bihm