Why Analog Polaroid Pictures Are Making A Comeback

Call Me Old-Fashioned, But Printing Out Photos Is A Great Way To Preserve Precious Memories

I am getting a beloved memory with it, the presence of the people I love even when they are not physically here with me.

7

Nowadays, we do not even need to think about bringing a camera to special events (for the most part). At any given moment, we are prepared to capture the perfect Kodak moment, thanks to our cell phones. Without phone's storage space always filling up due to the large number of photos we keep on them, printing out these pictures is a rarity(and an expense).

While we so carefully review all of the pictures in our camera roll to decide which one to post (often after edits), we don't even deem the pictures that make the Instagram cut worthy enough to be printed out. While it may be the more eco-friendly route to take, that makes the act of print out pictures in 2019 that much more valuable.

We're really quick to delete pictures where we don't like the way we look or those that include people who are no longer in our lives but are we that pick to rip up or throw away a physical photograph of the same status? When a physical object translates to a memory, it is that much harder to do so. Instead, we most likely rather store it out of sight... far enough where we can't be regularly reminded of it, but accessible enough to hopefully stumble upon it by "accident" someday.

The few times I do print out pictures, I print them out with the feeling that I am getting so much more than a picture. I am getting a beloved memory with it, the presence of the people I love even when they are not physically here with me. I don't just see a glossy piece of paper, but a moment I can re-live just by my own sight-that is truly priceless for sure.