An open letter to the man that cheated on me

You aren't the man I fell in love with anymore...

44

Have you ever finished a book? Or finished a TV series? You know the feeling of aimlessness, not knowing what to do now that it's over? You fell in love with the fictional characters that were never real? That how I felt when I first found out you cheated. I fell in love with a man that never existed to begin with. You, yourself, along with anything that came out of your mouth was a lie. I will never talk down on you like you did to me, but just know, you didn't deserve how I treated you. You told being I was a bad girlfriend, but we both know that was a lie so other girls would think of me as a bad person. The truth is, I gave you everything, I helped you take your big step toward success, and this is where I say my goodbye. But before I say goodbye, there are a couple things you must know.

First of all, thank you:

Thank you for showing me how capable I am of loving someone

Thank you for helping me figure out what I really deserve

Thank you for showing me I should love myself more than I love a boy

Thank you for making me happy, regardless of how things ended.

Thank you for making me try new things, making new friends, and seeing different perspectives on life

Secondly, I'll pray for you:

I will pray you find someone you love, and love enough to stay faithful to

I will pray you stay on your path to success and achieve what you know you can achieve

And finally, I am not sorry:

Even though I thank you for so many things and pray for you, I realize it wasn't my fault for your doing. I will not be sorry for how I truly treated you.

I am not sorry for loving you

I am not sorry for the words that came out of my mouth in anger

I am not sorry for being hurt and needing time to heal

I am not sorry that you lost me, because that was the moment I found myself.

So, for the man I fell in love with and loved dearly, whoI thought I'd live the rest of my life with, this is for you. I lived for us for as long as I can remember, and only recently I've learned I need to live for myself. Thank you for setting me free.

This is goodbye to our past. I hope you find what you deserve in life.

With love,

the girl who knows what she deserves