An Open Letter To Myself

An Open Letter To Myself

Fulfill Your Purpose
1911

An open letter to me:

Girl, you've been through it all. You've been up, you've been down, left and right too. Life has tossed some pretty crazy things at you. Some days, even weeks are worse than others, but you're doing a great job.

Let's talk about some things. First off, fitting in is something that you are NOT meant to do. You were meant to be yourself, not conform to other people around you. There will always be someone prettier, someone who has better material things than you do, and you will want to give in to your cravings, DO NOT do it! You were made to be you and only you. Yes, there will be days that you fail, but remember who you are and who you were made to be. Fulfill YOUR purpose.

Secondly, love yourself. You are beautiful. You always have been and you always will be. Many days you won't feel like it, but look in the mirror and keep reminding yourself of how beautiful you are. God made you in His image, which I have to tell you is something absolutely spectacular. You won't be everyone's version of beautiful, they'll tell you that you're too fat, too skinny, your hair will be too dark or too light, and the list goes on and on. Please always remember to remember not only who you are but WHO'S you are. Love yourself and the way God made you.

Lastly, believe in yourself. You have made it to nursing school. Stress and doubt are two things that really don't go away, but you made it. If you look past all the stress and the doubt, you'll realize that you made it to this point in your life, you will make it through it. You will pass your test. You will graduate. You will be successful in life. Have faith and trust God through this phase you are in. And remember, this phase you're in is just that, a phase. Believing in yourself is something that should never leave you. Be the person that if nobody else believes in you, you believe in yourself enough for everyone else.

Everyone makes mistakes, you will make plenty, but learn and grow through all your experiences. Don't be sorry for being yourself. You have a soft heart in a cruel world, your kindness, love and your care will be taken for granted by many people. It will cause you hurt, cry it out if you have too, take as much time as you need, but always remember that you will be stronger. It all gets better. But one more thing, as you ride this crazy roller coaster in life, remember that it's not a competition. Focus on you, and ride at your own speed. Be fearless in pursuit to the things that set your soul on fire. Sparkle and smile to the best of your ability. And remember to always be kind to those around you, even if they aren't kind to you. You will leave a mark on this world. Have pride in how far you've come and have faith in how far you will go.

I'll leave you with this verse:

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9