To My High School Graduating Class

To My High School Graduating Class

I'll always cherish the memories we made.

9
To My High School Graduating Class
Hannah Clements

A couple of weeks ago, a friend and I were talking about our high school reunions and what it will be like. In May of this year, it will be two years since we graduated. That’s hard to believe. It feels like just yesterday we were annoying freshmen in high school. Now, we’re off in the real world either at work or in college, or both. It’s weird to go from seeing you all every day to not seeing you for years. Whether we realize it or not, we were a big part of each other’s lives and a big part of who we are today. We have a really good group of kids (now young adults), and I really enjoyed getting to grow up with you all.

Some of us went to the same elementary, middle, and high school together for all 12 years. Some came in at different points over the years. Either way, we probably interacted at some point. I didn’t get to know some of you like I wanted to. But most of us had the same people in our classes each year, and I have some great memories from that. Some that I will one day tell my kids about and some that I should probably wait until my kids are adults to tell them. I loved bugging teachers, playing pranks, and being friends with all of you. I will randomly see someone that I graduated high school with post something on Facebook or see them in person and think about them and what they are doing now, and about the good times we had over the years. I’ll always cherish the memories we made.

We grew up way too fast. Remember when we couldn’t wait to graduate? And then senior year lasted like two seconds. Now, most of us are in college, working, or having families. I love seeing all of your posts on Facebook and Instagram so that I’m able to keep up and see what you all are doing. I’m proud to be part of such a great class, and I strongly believe that we will make the world a better place.

I hope you are all doing well. I think about you often and I wish we all got to see each other more. I hope you find a city you love, whether that be the good old town of Liberty, or in another state or country, I hope you find a job you love and I hope you find good friends to live life with. I hope you have a great family if that be your choice and I can’t wait to see pictures of your life. I’m confident that each of you are smart, hard-working, and kind, and that you will thrive in the real world. I wish you the best in life, and I hope you are healthy and happy for the rest of your life. I hope you look through your yearbooks every once in a while and remember your classmates and laugh at all the memories we made together. You’ll always have a friend in me.

Love,

Your Fellow Classmate