An Open Letter to my Future Child

An Open Letter to my Future Child

Becoming a mom is something I've always wanted...

12
An Open Letter to my Future Child

I've always loved children. And in fact, children have always (usually) loved me back. From a young age I couldn't picture myself never becoming a parent in my life. It was something everybody always said to me too. "You're going to be a good mom some day you know!" And I hope they're all right.

I may not have always taken care of myself to perfection, but I promise I will do the best that I can for you. I may not always know exactly what to do, and I surely will be asking my own mother for help with you. But I will try my hardest. You will never have to feel like you aren't loved, or cared for, because I will always be your biggest cheerleader.

Promise me one thing, that you won't feel like I'm against you forever. That you will feel that you can confide in me and develop yourself with me. I had the most luck in the world with my mother. She taught me right from wrong, while letting me have fun and experience life as it came. And I want to do the same for you.

I only hope that you can appreciate and love our bond as much as I will. As much as even now, long before I know this will happen for us, that I know I do.

To my future child, thank you for coming into my life and blessing me with the honor of being your mother.

I love you.

Love,

Me.