An Open Letter To My Dog

An Open Letter To My Dog

"Sometimes I feel like I do not even deserve such a kind soul like yourself."

183
An Open Letter To My Dog
Liz Martinez

To my amazing dog Taylor,

Humans always seem to be seeking companionship. We look for someone to love and for someone to love us too. We look for someone or something to hold our hands during the hard times and to celebrate the good times. We want our hearts to be filled and I am so lucky to have you to do just that.

Dogs are so pure and selfless, sometimes I feel like I do not even deserve such a kind soul like yourself. It seems like there is nothing I could do wrong through your eyes. Even when everyone seems to be against me and I am my own worst enemy, you hold me to the highest standard and keep my head above water. Even when I feel abandoned and misunderstood, you heal my heart and remind me I am not alone. All this is done by you, a dog. You are greater than 99 percent of people I know.

I want the days you spend on this earth to be ones filled with love. Ones where you never have to wonder where your next meal will come from, if you will ever know happiness, or if you are loved. I hope I have done those hopes proud for you since you do so much for me.

My heart has bled and been broken more times than I can count. You always seem to know when I need extra comfort from you, and you never fail to provide that support. You have patched me up and put me back together countless of times, I have no idea how I ever put on a brave face before you came along. Thank you for that.

I will forever be thankful for all the time we have spent together. How we sleep together every night. How we find moments in a busy, stressful week to play and laugh. How we move together like magnets for no reason in particular. I can not believe how blessed I am to spend a part of my lifetime with you, I can only hope that you feel the same way.

To my amazing dog Taylor, you are my world. I love you.