An Open Letter To Laura Loomer, You're A Heartless Woman

You "speak out" against terrorism but are actively promoting hate on a national level.

166
YouTube

Dear Laura Loomer,

You call yourself a journalist?

But that title seems to fit you none. As a journalist, each of us has the opportunity to challenge people to see a different side -- challenge them to take the opposition. Those who choose to encourage pre-existing hate deserve no place in the spotlight. You, Laura, chose to scrutinize and discriminate against Islam as a whole -- an entire religion that makes up 24 percent of the world's population.

But that number doesn't seem to resonate with you. Still, you insinuate that 24 percent of the world's population have an association with terrorism? When it's put in that perspective, do you hear how ridiculous that sounds?

Maybe you still don't, and that's okay. But (as a journalist) it's my job to try to make you see my side.

People like you, who admittedly have a large following on social media, should be working to change the way that our society speaks about and views people who come from a culture that is immediately associated with one thing or another. Instead, you actively and publicly denounce the same women who live their lives under constant scrutiny. Even worse, you later say that the women were smirking and laughing past the scene of a recent terror attack, only after the extreme backlash began.

And listen, you have every right in this country to speak your mind and voice your opinion, (even if it's hate speech, and even though you seem to favor the idea of taking those rights away from others) but it's the people like you who make me wonder -- are you really that different than those people who you are "speaking out" against?

You instill the feeling of hate throughout the country. Whether that hate is directed towards you, or towards the culture which you attack, the feeling does not go unnoticed. You target people for things that they can't control. Worst of all, it's all to turn your "15 minutes of fame" into 20.

People like you are the largest problem in our society. You pretend to want to make a change by being as vulgar as you are, but it is blatant that you could never be the first mover when it comes to positive action because you want to put the progress this generation has made towards tolerance into retrograde.

So feed my burning curiosity, what is the"truth about Islam?"

Truthfully, I have no idea what you refer to when you say the "truth about Islam." Enlighten me, and all of the others who must be as ignorant as I am to assume that there is no simple answer to the question: "what is the truth about (insert religion)?" Because, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but not all men, women, or children who practice Islam are terrorists, right? As a matter of fact, based on a rough estimate, only seven percent of Islamic peoples even support the act of terror against America. Seven percent is a lot less than two out of ten, as you say.

You classify an entire religion as "terrorists" because of the acts of a select few -- but to those of us with the proper amount of intelligence to participate in such a conversation, a few does not symbolize the whole. Understand that all Americans are NOT privileged, NOT "white trash," NOT any of the stereotypes attached to the title "American." All the same, the majority of Islamic people are NOT terrorists, nor do they support terrorism.

Each prominent figure should use their voice to help men and women of any religion, race or culture feel comfortable walking down the streets of America. What those people should not do (specifically referring to you, Laura) is use their voice to embarrass and shame women walking down the street in New York City.

Doesn't make much sense, does it?

All the best,

Taylor