Love and Dogs, they go hand in hand

JackCohn, One of the Greats

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.

236

This week we're going to talk about a dog, a dog that is better than most other dogs. His name is JackCohn. JackCohn is my dog, Jovi's brother. We have become the best of friends this summer. Whenever I walk into his house (I say his house because of our dogs' reign over us, let's be honest. We do whatever we have to to make them happy), I am greeted by the most joyful little tail wagging around. He will not walk away until I give him rubies. And when he does walk away, my heart breaks. Jack and Jovi have their families whipped.

Let me tell you a little background about this wonderful red toy poodle. JackCohn has eyes that pierce your soul and a personality that turns your hard inner core into mush. A few years ago, Jack started going blind. I personally believe that this makes him extra special. He is capable of thriving and living his best life even when it threw him a curveball. You can clearly tell that his lack of sight doesn't put a damper on his happiness. Jovi, who hates other dogs, will only tolerate JackCohn and no one else. That's when you know this dog is something special.

JackCohn and Jovi just turned eight this past March. However, they are still puppies at heart. When Jenny, Jack's sister, brings him over to my house, Jack becomes an entirely different dog. Because he can't see well, he is too afraid to run around. But in our yard, he is able to roam free. This dog has the time of his life and it is the absolute highlight of my day. Watching JackCohn run free with no fear in the world is probably one of life's best little pleasures. Just stare into his eyes. Those eyes tell you everything you need to know about the sweetheart that is JackCohn. How lucky am I that my best friend has my doggy's brother!? And how lucky is JackCohn to have an amazing family?!

Jack is the essence of the Cohn's and the love that they give off to others. You just need to take a look into Jack's eyes and you'll immediately feel warmth, comfort and unconditional love. There is no other love like a dog's love. As they say, dogs are only here for part of our lives, but we are their entire lives. And let's be honest, our lives revolve around those perfectly amazing fluff balls we call family. They aren't our pets; they are our siblings. I have also coined myself as JackCohn's godmother. Anyone who snags that title for me should fear for their lives.

Anyway, my queen, Jenny Cohn is leaving to thrive and prosper in Chicago. I am beyond excited for her and look forward to what she will accomplish. Nonetheless, it will absolutely break my heart spending my days without her. Luckily, Jack Cohn and the rest of the fam is down the road to take my mind off of her leaving. Sorry, I'm taking your place, Jenny. Peace Love and JackCohn.