An Insight into Emeli Sande's Long Live the Angels

14
Confront Magazine
My love is the bomb and forgiveness is the rocket, which army gonna stop it? ~ Emelie Sande, Long Live the Angels.

Emeli Sande’s Long Live the Angels. Like why so dope??? Like this album is 100% dope. I mean, who doesn’t love Emelie Sande? I do with all of my heart. I’ve waited too long for her to drop again something priceless. My friend literally called this album ‘An absolute goodness.’ I mean, every track is so lit! I remember falling in love with her first with her single “Heaven” and then, totally in 2012 when she sang Beneath Your Beautiful with Labrinth and ever since then, I could never get enough of those two. And then her album, Our Version of Events which had her previously released single hits overtook Adele’s 21 Album in the UK. . . I mean, Sande you did it!

And now, her new album Long Live the Angels (Deluxe Version) having a total of 18 tracks, has been receiving quite a lot of positive raves ever since its release not because of anything, but because every single track is a hit. It’s a big shame that this album is not getting the hype other bigger names in the industry get but we aren’t bothered cos this is good stuff. . . No! This is great stuff and we appreciate that.

Did you even know that her debut album sold over 2 million copies in the UK alone? I’m not about to wait and see how far this new album is gonna sell cos I know it’s gonna blow up the previous record. 'Cos as far as I am concerned, Emelie Sande super-nailed this one.

Having gone through a one year marriage that crashed, I think this album for me is a reflection and a continuation of her flair for heartbreaking balladry only with a different and unique kind of spark. She left an imprint of her soul, baring it all, not holding back on tracks like Lonely and Right Now and then the track that killed it all is Breathing Underwater. This track is on another level of its own. The beats, strings and the backing vocals take one to a level that transcends all emotions and physical depths. Take it from me, I think this particular track is poised to skyrocket Emelie Sande’s wit to the fore.

Selah is the best album opener there could ever be, believe me. I love Babe, I’ve got it on repeat, then, Shakes, Hurts, Highs and Lows. . . I can go on and on.

This album is just incontestably awesome.

My faith rises up even while pulse dropping. Emeli Sande, Long live the Angels.