Why Amy Poehler Is The Greatest

Why Amy Poehler Is The Greatest

“People are their most beautiful when they are laughing, crying, dancing, playing, telling the truth, and being chased in a fun way.”

128
Why Amy Poehler Is The Greatest

Let me start by saying I’m obsessed with Amy Poehler. She is my spirit animal. If I could have any celebrity as a best friend, or even as a mom, maybe even grandma, it would be Amy. So while I might be bias, I believe Amy Poehler is, hands down, the most awesome person of all time, ever. If you’ve read her memoir Yes Please, you know she’s not hilarious, but also full of great advice. I think if we all aspired to be more like Amy, the world would be a better place. So without further adieu, here is why Amy Poehler is the Greatest.

She is Leslie Knope.
This one just knocks it one out the park (pun intended). If you haven’t watched every episode of every season of Parks and Recreation, please do so now, then continue reading this article. Great. Now that you know how great Leslie Knope is just think about the fact that Leslie would not exist without Amy. And while Leslie can be eccentric at times, Amy and Leslie really aren’t all that different from each other. They are both super down to earth, kind hearted, loving souls.

She surrounds herself with positive people.
“Be easy on yourself. Have fun. Only surround yourself around people that are positive and make you feel good. Anybody who doesn’t make you feel good, kick them to the curb. And the earlier you start in your life the better. The minute anybody makes you feel weird and non-included or not supported, you know, either beat it or tell them to beat it.”

She has her own YouTube channel dedicated to answering questions from fans about relationships, stress, and even body image issues.

Amy takes time out of her day to give advice to adolescents about literally anything that they ask her. And her answers are on point.

She knows how to have a good time.

She’s a feminist.
Girls, if boys say something that is not funny… you don’t have to laugh.”

She’s humble.
“The earlier you learn that you should focus on what you have and not obsess about what you don’t have, the happier you will be.”

She hates drunk driving.
"Please don't drive drunk, okay? Seriously. It's so f*cked up. But by all means, walk drunk. That looks hilarious."

She should probably be a college advisor.
"I think we should stop asking people in their 20s what they 'want to do' and start asking them what they don't want to do. Instead of asking students to 'declare their major' we should ask students to 'list what they will do anything to avoid.' It just makes a lot more sense."

She can free-style rap.
If you don't think that's incredible I don't really know what to tell you...

She’s an optimistic, kind, and positive person.
"
Positivity means that you’re deciding to look at how you can make yourself and the world better. And not looking at ways to tear people down. And to be mean and lousy to yourself. Curiosity and the pursuit of it makes you a more open-minded and open-hearted person. You’re never too late to learn new things, and you’re never too young to be very wise."

She always puts her girls first.

If you’re not convinced yet maybe watch a few throwback episodes of SNL or read Yes Please because Amy is the bomb-dot-com and if you don’t agree then you’re wrong. So here's to you Amy.