The Infamous American Serial Killers

The Infamous American Serial Killers

A look into America’s dark past brings us to two of the country’s terrifying killers.

589
The Infamous American Serial Killers
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com

A look into America’s dark past brings us to two of the country’s most infamous criminals. One, a kidnapper, the other a cannibal and both murders. The two convicts share some amazingly similar qualities. All of which being extremely inhumane in nature as their work was not at all common.

Ted Bundy

Born on November 24, 1946, Ted Bundy is one of America’s most infamous serial killers.

But what was he like before he brutally murdered his victims?

Bundy grew up in Vermont, under the supervision of his mother and grandparents. He led a normal life as a child and was taken care of by his family. The suspicious behavior did not start until years later while he was a college student. During this time he was arrested for the kidnapping of a woman and also later charged for the murder of another young woman. He escaped custody multiple times and continued to murder more women throughout the 1970s. All of his victims barred resemblance to one of his past girlfriends. He would rape and murder each victim and got away with for years until he was eventually arrested, convicted and sentenced to death. He became known for not only the rape and murder of his victims but was also a burglar and necrophiliac.

Ted Bundy partook in numerous interviews after arrest as he awaited trials and his ultimate demise. His popularity grew not just because of the serial killings but also because of his intellectual demeanor and calmness. He did not come across as a cold blooded killer upon first glance.

Jeffrey Dahmer

Similar to Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer took the lives of various innocent people. His violent crimes earned him the nickname Milwaukee Cannibal.

Dahmer was born in Wisconsin in May of 1960. During his early childhood, he led a normal life and was raised in a stable environment just like Ted Bundy. By the time he was a teenager, he found new interest in necrophilia. He would take the limbs off of dead animals for fun. Despite such, his life as a high school student was average, and he managed to graduate. Once he reached adulthood, he was arrested for assaulted a 13 year old boy and sentenced to five years of probation. This foreshadowed a later trend: all of his victims were male, most of which were minorities.Dahmer went on to kill at least 15 people. His crimes were horrifying in nature, as he would kill, dismember and perform sexual acts with the lifeless bodies. He even collected various limbs and pieces of the people he killed and took apart. Among all this, he partook in cannibalism, eating portions of the bodies.

Dahmer was eventually caught after one of his victims escaped his clutches and got the attention of the police. He earned himself a life sentence in prison. His death did not come via electric chair like Bundy's. Instead, he was beaten to death by a fellow prison inmate while serving his sentence. During interviews, he was well composed just like Ted Bundy. He spoke calmly but not with a lot of regret or deep remorse for the crimes that garnered him so much attention and turned him into one of the country's most notorious serial killers.

Who do you find more chilling?