If The American Girl Dolls Went To Your College As A 20XXs Millennial

Would Molly be your sorority sister? Would you have classes with Kit?

202
jcapaldi / Flickr

What little girl didn't go through an American Girl obsession? Maybe you were like me and you checked out a different American Girl book from your library every week. Or maybe you owned all of the dolls and their friends, and for Christmas every year you asked for the Girl of The Year or a new outfit for your Samantha doll. Or maybe you had a subscription to the magazine. Or maybe you were really cool, and you did all of the above. If you're anything like me you've always wished the girls were real people and that you could hang out with Kit on the quad, or grab lunch with Addy in the student union building.

What would the American Girls be like if they went to your college?

Kaya

Kaya would be a biology major with a specialization in animal science. Kaya is a lover of all things nature, but especially horses. In her free time, she would be found at the animal shelter, renting dogs to play with during the day.

Felicity Merriman

If Josefina were a college student, she would be an education major. In the books, she spends all her time keeping her sisters from fighting and playing with and entertaining them. She is great with children and would make an excellent teacher. She would also be a member of the National Latinx Organization on campus, representing her Mexican heritage.

Kirsten Larsen

Addy Walker would be a women's studies major on the pre-law track. She would also be the president of her sorority and in the Student Government Association.

Samantha Parkington

Samantha would be a philosophy major because she loves to ask questions and is very curious. She would also be a member of a sorority and in her free time, she would act in a community theatre.

Kit Kittredge

Kit Kittredge is the spunky blond that grew up in Ohio during the Great Depression. To entertain herself, she wrote newspapers for her family on her typewriter. If Kit were in college in 2018, she would be a journalism major, and she'd be the head reporter for the school newspaper. Her friends would all be other girls from the College of Communications.

Molly McIntire

Molly is known throughout the entire series for being terrible at math and an excellent tap dancer, so she would be a dance major if she went to college. She's also described as very fun, outgoing and a chatterbox so she would belong to a sorority on campus.