America Is Going To Be Alright
Politics

America Is Going To Be Alright

America will not be ruined just because Trump is our new POTUS.

49
America Is Going To Be Alright
Fish Biscuit Designs

The world does not end just because Donald Trump is the new POTUS. America will not be ruined just because an ignorant orange man will be living in the White House. Many people would disagree with my opinion, however I believe America will get through this presidency.

First and foremost, I am not a Trump supporter and I will never be. I am a supporter of America, our values, and I am a supporter of my fellow Americans. I believe that this world has so much good in it and that we have the ability to make sure that the goodness remains in this country, regardless of who our president is.

America was built to be one of the greatest countries in the world—and it still is. We are a country built on freedom, built on immigration, and built on individual rights. Although he threatens to, one man does not have the power to take all of that away.

From the beginning of this election process, I did not think either candidate was fit to be the President of the United States. Both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton were a bit too questionable for my liking. That being said, the reality now is that Trump won and we—as a country—must continue moving forward, or else America really will be damaged beyond repair.

For one, we have a system of checks and balances set up in our government so that one person—the Donald Trumps of the world—cannot have too much power within the government. By no means is this man going to singlehandedly ruin this country. The only way that America will be harmed is if we let the negativity continue.

I cannot pretend to understand how those impacted by racism feel about Trump being president—because as a white woman I too am nervous—but I can stay that now is the time that the United States citizens should stand up for rights, freedom, and positivity.

I’m not going to say, “Its only four years” because four years is not necessarily a short period of time. I will say, however, that America has faced hardships and has made it through together. Rather than arguing, fighting, and rioting, this is when we—Americans—need to rally together and have some faith in our country and what we stand for, rather than relying on our television-star POTUS.

I understand why people are unhappy about the result of this election—I’m right there with all of you—but if we let the negativity that Donald Trump exudes into all of our lives, the negativity wins. We have the power to make sure that we remain positive and hopeful that the United States will remain one of the greatest countries in the world.