I Am Thankful For Thanksgiving

I Am Thankful For Thanksgiving

Are you still in "thankful mode?"

23
I Am Thankful For Thanksgiving
PublicHolidays.us

Next to Christmas, Thanksgiving is one of those holidays that I just don't want to end. I wanted to save this article until after Thanksgiving because everyone would still be in that "thankful mode." It sounds cliche but I am so thankful for Thanksgiving. Not just for the delicious food but for the time spent with family and friends.

Every Thanksgiving, my church and other churches gather at my church to fix hot Thanksgiving meals for shut-ins who wouldn't otherwise get a Thanksgiving meal. I was at the end of the line putting bread into the trays before they got a dessert and sent it to be taken to the homes. I usually don't miss this time because I truly enjoy helping other people and knowing that they are getting a hot meal. I truly felt as though we were being the hands and feet of Jesus that day and it was so special. All of God's people together serving other people is truly something special.

I am also thankful for Thanksgiving because it truly is a time to be thankful (again cliche).

To be thankful for all that God has blessed you with and to enjoy every minute with your family and friends.

To be thankful for all the delicious food that you got to eat. Praise Jesus for macaroni and cheese!!

To be thankful for community.

To me, thankfulness should be an everyday thing, not just a once a year thing. You shouldn't have to post a picture on Instagram, Facebook, or Snapchat for someone to know you are thankful for them (I'm guilty of this so I am speaking to myself too) but instead, we should tell them every chance we get. Am I right?

Tell someone you're thankful for them TODAY.

This past Thanksgiving was a time to truly to be thankful and bask in all the food goodness and the grace of Jesus.

I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!