I Am Asian, But I Am Not THAT #Asian

I Am Asian, But I Am Not THAT #Asian

“Have you eaten dog or cat before?”

140
I Am Asian, But I Am Not THAT #Asian
Wikia

I posted the question:

“what is the most racist comment you got for being an Asian?”

Within one night, I received ridiculous amount of replies and DMs.

Here are some of my picks:

1.) “Ching Chang Chong” and "ni hao!” In the most obnoxious tone.

-Liz, 20, Chinese American

2.) “Go back to your country,” sh*t like that. real question is, which one?

-Ita, 20, Chinese Spaniard

3.) “I didn’t know you were from California.” “I thought you were a FOB.” “How is your English so good?”

-Jessica, 20, Chinese American

4.) “Are you Chinese?” No, I am Korean. “You don’t look Korean.” I am. “You must be adopted.”(This was from another Korean)

-Joshua, 20, Korean American

5.) One of [the comments] that make me the most uncomfortable is that Asian girls are “easy,” and that we are valued for being virgin prudes or something, “cute virgin nerds who need to be deflowered.”

-Tiffany, 20, Chinese American

6.) There was a drunk guy in London who called me Kim Jung Un.

-Meng, 20, Chinese American

7.) I was taking a nap at school and some dumb*ss tried to put a quarter in my eyes, cuz it was funny (coin slot eyes).

-Jon, 20, Asian American

8.) Someone asked me if I have a pet elephant and I go to school on it.

-Nicole, 21, Indian

9.) I know a guy that yells “J20” whenever an Asian person bothers him.Because it’s his favorite menu item number (Pork fried rice) at his favorite Chinese restaurant.

-Kyle, 20, Caucasian American

10.) “Wha? You wanna go back to China the communist country?"

-Francine, 21, Chinese Canadian

11.) “Can you wear dresses that expose your ankle back in your country?”

-Dorothy, 21, Chinese

12.) “Why didn’t you get an A?” “Why didn’t you go to Harvard?” “I thought you are Chinese.”

-Selina, 21, Chinese British

13.) “Is China in Vietnam?” “Do you guys have internet there?”

-Sean, 21, Chinese Australian

14.) “I know y’all [Asians] can’t drive.”

-Shi Ming, 21, Chinese

15.) “Have you eaten dog or cat before?”

-Tony, 23, Chinese

Before throwing that question out to the public, I thought I was being “too sensitive and fragile.” By looking at the result, I realized that I am not alone.

We are the children of globalization,

We are hard-working and kind,

most of us can speak two or more languages,

lived in more than two countries,

Have friends from literally all over the world.

I don't know about you, but I am definitely not THAT #Asian.