Am I Going To Survive This Long Winter Break?
Health Wellness

The feeling you get when you spend too much time with your family and you're ready to be back with your friends from school

224
https://kaboompics.com/photo/4461/woman-drinking-hot-tea-in-her-home-office

Yay! I am all finished with my final exams and projects for my classes this semester. I made it through the first semester of tis year when I was becoming worried and stressed. Now the grades are put in and I get a nice long break to relax, celebrate the holidays and spend time with family. However, I did not think that I would be craving to go back so soon after spending a few weeks with my family. I love them dearly, but since I am used to being away from them while at school to now having a whole month and a half off from school away from my friends, I know that there are going to be times when I get frustrated with my siblings or my even parents.

Thank goodness that I have a job this seasonal time or else I do not know what I would do. This will give me some time a couple of days out of the week to have some alone time and even meet new people at my job. It is not a bad thing to need this time away from family because it's normal, so if you are feeling guilty DON'T! Now that I have a part time job I will be making money to go and spend for myself or for Christmas presents for my family and friends. This is exciting because now when my mom, sister and I go shopping I can use the money I earned instead of feeling bad when I ask if my mom can purchase it.

The sad part about being out of school for so long is that I won't be able to see my friends because they live far away. For a whole semester of seeing them whether it was in class, going on our daily scheduled breakfast, lunch or dinner date, spending countless hours in the library, or just spending time together over the weekend. Now having a whole month and a half break of not seeing them is going to be so hard. When I need to call them because I am in need of someone to talk to besides my family I know they will answer and plus I will want to know how their break is going.

The most important thing for me to remember when I do get frustrated is that my family loves me very much and this is the time of year that brings us all together. When we pray for patience in stressful situations, God gives us the spirit and opportunity to be patient. In scripture in the book of Ecclesiastes chapter seven verse eight it states, " The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride". What God is telling us here in this scripture is that no matter how the frustration or argument may have started what matters is the end. God wants us to come together in love and forgive one another. Also He tells us that patience is better than pride because when we have patience for each other that is reflecting God's love.

This winter break may be long and I am thankful for it to use it as a time to relax and enjoy my family and I hop you do as well.