Thankful

Thankful

Always.

24
Thankful
Pizzazzerie

We all know that Thanksgiving is a time of being with family, giving thanks (duh. It's in the name), and lots and lots of great food. But do we genuinely stop to thank God for all of the many blessings we have? There are so many things that could go wrong in our world but God chooses to show us grace upon grace, use us to do great things, bless other people with our gifts, and provides for our daily needs every single day. I know that I need a daily reminder of the little things that I have been given. So here goes my cliche list of things I am thankful for...

- A perfect, loving God who always forgives

- A loving family that calls me back home, always.

- Encouraging friends who make me laugh when I want to cry

- Good health

- Music that makes life 100 times more enjoyable

- COFFEE.

- Extra dark chocolate

- Super soft pajamas

- Christmas tree farms

- Spiced apple cider

- God's Word at my fingertips

- Oklahoma Baptist University! Go Bison!

- French fries

- The great state of Texas

- My Oklahoman friends

- The Oklahoma wind (cause in OK we're always rocking the windblown look)

- Cute, eclectic coffee shops

- Brunch on Saturday mornings

- Books that take you to another world

- Pinterest

- Feeling free to be yourself

- Fireworks on the 4th of July

- Bluebonnets

- The Resurrection

- Sun dresses

- Someone playing with your hair

- Chocolate milk when you're sad

- Parents that support and love you

- Green been casserole

- Fuzzy socks

- A new haircut

- Blue skies

- Rainy days

- Thunder/lightning storms

- Christmas lights

- Snow/ snow days

- Peanut butter and jelly

- Riding bikes

- Baseball caps

- Singing in the shower

- REST.

- Wildflowers

- Candid pictures

- A perfect pair of jeans

- Changing seasons

- Tire swings

-Naps

- Quilts

- Lazy days without worry

- Jam sessions with your friends

- Road trips

-Dressing up

- The beauty of composing your own music

- Writing lyrics that mean something to you

- Teacups

- Freedom of Speech

- Freedom of Religion

- Art in all forms

- Friendships

- The beauty of meeting someone for the first time

- Perfectly crisp fall mornings

- Breakfast in bed

- Law enforcement to keep us safe

- Sunny days by the pool

- Zoos

- Laughing until you can't breath

- Hearing the words "I love you"

- Hobby Lobby

- Fall scented candles

- Bath and Body Works

- The ability to run/walk

- The ability to hear

- The ability to speak/sing

- The ability to think/understand/express

- Food at my fingertips

- Clean water whenever I want it

- Essential oils

- The ability to create

- An education

- Sunflowers

- Weddings

- Big, shade trees (and climbing them)

- Late-nights that turn to early mornings

- Car talks

- Bonding over music

- Spontaneous adventures

- Tears that heal

- Grace upon grace

- Walks in the park

- Sunrises/sunsets

I could go on for what feels like forever. There are so many little joys that God gives to us but we fail to recognize them. Stop and thank the Lord for these simple blessings not only on Thanksgiving but all year round.