All You Need To Know About Disney World's Proposed Re-Opening

Let the magic commence!

9

Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the gates of Walt Disney World had to be shut in order to flatten the curve and protect people from getting sick. It was a devastating day for all of us Disney fans, and we have been anxiously waiting for word from the Company on when they planned on reopening. This past Wednesday, May 27, Disney Parks Blog released the dates of when Walt Disney World would finally be reopening. Disney Springs already opened back up on the 20th of May, and so far, things seem to be doing well, expect for the occasional cast member reminding people to social distance.

A phased reopening has been planned for the most magical place on earth. Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are set to open first, on July 11th. Following the reopening of the two kingdoms, will be the reopening of Epcot and Hollywood Studios on the 15th of July. Disney Vacation Club resorts will also be opening back up June 22.

So what does this mean? How is this going to work? What precautions is Disney going to take to help prevent another spike in the curve? Well, for one, they are limiting entrance to those with previous reservations for now, and then pass holders, until they can start making reservations for more guests. The magical experience is going to be limited to things you can do while still social distancing, so shows and fireworks are not in the works for now. (RIP Happily Ever After). Character meets will also be postponed for now, but you might still see them roaming the parks! Of course, you will have to wear a mask, and it is said that cast members will be checking temperatures at the gates to prevent sick people from entering the parks.

Though there are some limitations to the magic, it's magic nonetheless! I'm so excited to hear that Walt Disney World is reopening it's gates, and it's definitely the happiness we need in these hard times.