In Those Immortal Words, We’re All in This Together

The world is a hard place right now, and it is okay that things aren't okay.

10
https://high-school-musical.fandom.com/wiki/We%27re_All_In_This_Together
High School Musical Wiki

Hello, you beautiful people.

To be honest, I have no idea how to start, middle, or end this. The world is a fairly tough place at the moment, and while I want to talk about, it's hard to know exactly what to say.

We are in the midst of a pandemic, the largest of any in my lifetime or any I have heard about in the lifetimes of my loved ones. We are all unsure about what to do or what will happen next. Unsure even about what is happening now. And I know none of that is new to hear or understand. I know we've all been living it for weeks now, unsure and waiting and hoping for the very best.

Many of the conversations that happen about the pandemic go this same way. Unsure. Waiting. Hoping for the best. Any new information traded very carefully and discussed at length. Looking for new answers, making up possibilities, and taking comfort in one another. Just talking. We spend time with one another over screen and in little groups in our homes. We make the most of the time, and we wait for the future.

Although most of our conversations are fairly similar and most of our questions have gone unanswered, there is solace in this time that has been extended to the whole world. People, separated from one another, have come together in the most incredible ways. No matter what they have, they have found ways to help one another. Nations have done what they can and have chosen to stand together with one another, even through the hardship every single person is facing.

No one person's problems are the same as another's. Likewise, no one person's struggles with their problems are any more or less valid than another's. This time of difficulty has provided a reminder of what it means to love one another. Everyone is facing hardship, and in that hardship is an understanding from the world. Because the world is living the reason behind it. Assumptions made about people's lack of ability, scorn for people's problems interfering with their work or life, condescension cast based on fulfilling expectations, a great deal of it has pulled back the reins to let people breathe in this time.

This is a hard time, but so many people have banded together to make these hard moments easier for each other. It has been amazing to see what people can give, what people can create, and how grateful people have been for any bit of difference anywhere. I do not want, by any means, to diminish the difficulties people are going through. I just wanted to thank the world for the way it's helped me and the way it's helping others. I wanted to thank everyone around me for helping me to see the silver linings I didn't think were there. I wanted to thank every person I've seen who has embraced the idea that we really are all in this together. Knowing that there are people all around that understand and that are there. That are here.

We're all in this together. If you have the tune stuck in your head for the rest of the day, I do apologize. BUT! I hope you know it's true. The hard times that you're going through are valid, and the rest of the world understands that it's hard. Breathe. Rest. Know that people are here for you.